January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also actually attempting to win away games would help. We still haven't won away since January and most of our resurgence was down to being unbeatable at Goodison for a stretch
Yeah, the away form is diabolical. I understand it this season, but you'd have thought that Koeman would have done better with counter-attacking players like Barkley, Deulofeu and Lukaku.

Mate we have

RS
Barcodes A
Chelsea H
Swansea H
Westbrom A
Bournemouth A

United H
Spurs A

Our away form is shocking and from our home games swansea is the only one I would expect us to get a result..

last week we were on a relagation fight .. two wins has eased that for now, but after those fixtures above I can easily see us being in a relagation fight again.

Hopefully with BFS our away form will pick up and we can actually pick up a win ... but our players are so bad ATM that I can't see it happening .

4 wins in bold IMO. They're all CRAP.

If Vermaelen is fit he’s a good player left sided too
Will be looking for WC fitness like Others
Any French or German defenders warming up subs benches in bigger clubs?

Tel001 said:
Mate we have

RS
Barcodes A
Chelsea H
Swansea H
Westbrom A
Bournemouth A

United H
Spurs A

Our away form is shocking and from our home games swansea is the only one I would expect us to get a result..

last week we were on a relagation fight .. two wins has eased that for now, but after those fixtures above I can easily see us being in a relagation fight again.

Hopefully with BFS our away form will pick up and we can actually pick up a win ... but our players are so bad ATM that I can't see it happening .

4 wins in bold IMO. They're all CRAP.

I'm not quite as confident as you, reckon 2 wins and 2 draws from those 4, but I think we could win one of the games against one of the bigger teams, like Spurs away, we may raise our game at Wembley.

Anyway, transfer window; Danny Rose and Pierre-emerick Aubameyang linked today, can't see either of them coming, but fun speculation anyway, I wonder what Riquelme and Mouthino are doing these days?

Nzonzi is apparently in London for Talks. good player, but I think we should be focused on Strikers and Defenders in this window, we have about 6 Defensive Midfielders already, unless one of them is being sold, why buy another one, when we only have 2 strikers and 1 left back?

Nzonzi is apparently in London for Talks. good player, but I think we should be focused on Strikers and Defenders in this window, we have about 6 Defensive Midfielders already, unless one of them is being sold, why buy another one, when we only have 2 strikers and 1 left back?
Agree with the majority of what you said, other than that I do think Nzonzi would be worth pursuing. I've lost all faith in the centre midfielders that are currently here.

I'm not quite as confident as you, reckon 2 wins and 2 draws from those 4, but I think we could win one of the games against one of the bigger teams, like Spurs away, we may raise our game at Wembley.

Anyway, transfer window; Danny Rose and Pierre-emerick Aubameyang linked today, can't see either of them coming, but fun speculation anyway, I wonder what Riquelme and Mouthino are doing these days?

The only one we have that is any use is Gana. The others either can't be arsed playing for us, are turd, injured (or all of the above: McCarthy) or unproven kids like Beni. N'Zonzi if available would instantly improve us.

Agree with the majority of what you said, other than that I do think Nzonzi would be worth pursuing. I've lost all faith in the centre midfielders that are currently here.

The only one we have that is any use is Gana. The others either can't be arsed playing for us, are turd, injured (or all of the above: McCarthy) or unproven kids like Beni. N'Zonzi if available would instantly improve us.

I'm just saying we have a lot of players in that position and think we need to focus on other areas, I don't want to get to the end of January and have signed Nzonzi and not signed a striker or a left back. I actually think Gana and Davies are good, Schneiderlin is good as well, he has just gone off the boil a bit. We could probably do with moving McCarthy and Besic on, but they are so injury prone I don't know if anyone would take them, so we are probably stuck with them till the summer, then we have Baningime too. That's 6 players competing for 2 positions (if we stick with 4-5-1)

I'm just saying we have a lot of players in that position and think we need to focus on other areas, I don't want to get to the end of January and have signed Nzonzi and not signed a striker or a left back. I actually think Gana and Davies are good, Schneiderlin is good as well, he has just gone off the boil a bit. We could probably do with moving McCarthy and Besic on, but they are so injury prone I don't know if anyone would take them, so we are probably stuck with them till the summer, then we have Baningime too. That's 6 players competing for 2 positions (if we stick with 4-5-1)

Besic hasn't had a look in all season and I can't see McCarthy lasting much longer here, he'll be flogged as soon as he's "fit"/can be arsed. Davies is not a defensive midfielder, can't tackle to save his life. Schneiderlin is finished here, barely touched the ball when he came on Saturday, didn't look interested and I think Allardyce has seen enough already. I agree there are other positions that take priority, but if he's available and we have the money, I would be happy with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back