January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Bolton, and not 1 I know think he will even play in the Prem.

He lives in Bolton and is a season ticket holder, goes home and away and thinks he’ll play for England one day.

shrug_1f937.png

My Bolton supporting mate reckons Robinson will play for England one day.

And Connolly is playing defensive mid for Ipswich. Very well in fact.

..I like Robinson but I remember a Wigan season ticket holder saying to me that Browning would be an England regular. Robinson initially struggled at Bolton and its good he’s now established himself in the team. He’s a fine athlete, particularly effective in the final third of the pitch. I actually wandered if he might be kept as back up this season but the coaches clearly thought he was some way off the first team.

I don't see Tierney leaving Celtic anytime soon. He's said money is not a motivating factor for him and he wants to play for Celtic for his entire career. Also, Celtic aren't exactly strapped for cash so I reckon it would take a massive offer to tempt them.

Rooney and Barkley??? Boyhood blues ... offer him 100k Pw and see if money's not important

We're being linked with Patrick van aanholt in the star today.... I'd take him

I understand the links, but not sure that makes sense for us. He's not particularly good and don't see him being a true EPL starter. Baines is probably STILL better.

Would be nice to get someone younger, too.

Walcott would be decent if played through the middle. If he’s out wide it kind of begs the question where does Lookman play?

Suppose a front three of Bolasie Niasse Walcott would get goals.

He wasn’t great last season, for me and should have been replaced this summer. Offers nothing going forward anymore. And never been a great defender, he’s lost what pace he had and is shocking at trying to stop crosses.

I don’t think tiredness can be used as an excuse.
Wouldnt argue with that. I'm probably trying to find excuses for the downturn in a player whose probably been our best if the last 2 decades.

I think we'll see a few go in January, and quite a few arrive. Some 'shock names' may leave too.

Joel
Sandro
Mirallas
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Lookman
Vlasic
Williams
Besic
McCarthy.

As it stands, I'd be surprised to see any of them next August when we start again...

I think that is probably right at this stage.
However I think Baines could contribute quite a bit as cover at left back allowing us to sign a young prospect rather than the finished and expensive article like Rose.
I'd rather get Rose but that wont be happening. City or United for him IMO.

Either or both Connolly/Robinson could turn out to be the long term answer.but neither are ready to hold down a regular start at the noment. If Baines ia finished aa some suggest, what do we do. A stop gapl in the Martina mold ia defo not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back