January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather get Rose but that wont be happening. City or United for him IMO.

Either or both Connolly/Robinson could turn out to be the long term answer.but neither are ready to hold down a regular start at the noment. If Baines ia finished aa some suggest, what do we do. A stop gapl in the Martina mold ia defo not the answer.
Garbutt can be registered to play from January so i think he's sound enough to act as cover but I'd be looking for a ready made Baines replacement now. Shaw, Chilwell at Leicester or even Aaron Creswell at West Ham could do a job.

Garbutt can be registered to play from January so i think he's sound enough to act as cover but I'd be looking for a ready made Baines replacement now. Shaw, Chilwell at Leicester or even Aaron Creswell at West Ham could do a job.

Garbutt has been here for around 10 years, under different managers.

He's gone out on loan to league one and never lit it up.

He simply isn't good enough. Absolute madness he wasn't regiestered when we didn't get full back cover though...

£20m for Shaw would be laughable. Do we really want another prima donna United cast-off? Thought we learned our lesson with Schneiderlin

Swerve like the plague.

We have Davies, Lookman, Kenny, DCL, Vlasic, Beningame and Holgate who are all U21s. Throw in the players out on loan who may also be able to step up in a year or two (Dowell, Onyekuru Williams, Connolly, Walsh and maybe Galloway) and we've already got a huge amount of young talent to try and integrate into the first team.

Likewise half the players we bought during the Summer window would fit that profile also, Pickford, Keane, Sandro, and possibly Klaassen are all players who have yet to reach their peak.

Plus all the kids Walsh brought in this summer--Gibson, Bowler, Zirkzee, I think there were 6 total. Clearly the club is planning for the future. They're also trying to solve short term problems. They probably don't have the cash to also solve mid-term issues.

I think we'll see a few go in January, and quite a few arrive. Some 'shock names' may leave too.
Joel
Sandro
Mirallas
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Lookman
Vlasic
Williams

Besic
McCarthy.
As it stands, I'd be surprised to see any of them next August when we start again...

Not a chance we can let Joel go in Jan, what if Pickford gets injured? Same really with Williams as we havent got enough fit players back there as it is and cant see us going out and getting a few in Jan, Vlasic its far too soon to say and Lookman is doing ok with his development

Not a chance we can let Joel go in Jan, what if Pickford gets injured? Same really with Williams as we havent got enough fit players back there as it is and cant see us going out and getting a few in Jan, Vlasic its far too soon to say and Lookman is doing ok with his development

Joel is out of contract in the summer and rejected a new one last summer - with 6 months left on his deal the club will sell for a nominal fee that will go towards a signing on bonus / (something of that ilk) and Stek has already been number 2 for the majority of games this year (under Koeman, anyway).

We will go for a centre half in January, I think he's the first out the door or at least fourth choice and a player his age won't want to sit on the bench whilst he's got 2 years of football left in him.

You're right, Vlasic may stay but his sister needs to shut up and he clearly upset Unsworth somehow. I hope him and Allardyce work well together.

Widely reported Lookman is homesick and wants to go back down south. Isn't getting a sniff either - if I was him I'd be looking elsewhere.

Isn't nzonzi a bad bellend though. Need to keep that type away from us

Apparently he and Alalrdyce have a very very good relationship, by accounts anyway Nzonzi really really likes him as a manager

From memory Allardyce tried to call him up for England but he'd been capped for the french under 21's in a official tournament.

Of all the various links, this is one i reckon will happen mate.

Very good player like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back