January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Creswell is better than he's currently showing. A couple of seasons ago he was being linked with that lot. He's got a decent left peg on him, he bombs forward and defends as well as any fullback i've seen. He's unfortunate to play for a terrible side. The concern would be are we much better right now but i think a move and change could bring out the best in him. I know he's a local lad, not sure if he's a red or blue though.
Somebody said he was a red but not that makes a difference. Look at Lallana ffs.

£20m for Shaw would be laughable. Do we really want another prima donna United cast-off? Thought we learned our lesson with Schneiderlin

Swerve like the plague.
If we knew he was going to come back fully fit from his injuries, £20m would be an absolute snip at current prices. IF.

Apparently he and Alalrdyce have a very very good relationship, by accounts anyway Nzonzi really really likes him as a manager

From memory Allardyce tried to call him up for England but he'd been capped for the french under 21's in a official tournament.

Of all the various links, this is one i reckon will happen mate.

Very good player like
Where did Allardyce manage NZonzi?

I think you are being a bit harsh on our young talent mate. 6 of our kids are in the U21 squad so are amongst the best in the country you would assume. Vlasic is now in the full Croation squad (which I daresay is better than England). Henry is now in the full Nigerian squad. Not saying all of them will make it with us but the poster mentioned 15 names there all 24 or under (the vast majority under 21). We also have a load of players in their mid 30s who are basically finished. What we need are more players in their prime 25-30 to add balance.

As a matter of interest, who are these young talented players we should be bringing in?

I don’t mean to sound harsh. I’m more of the opinion that until they’re in the first team it’s preferable to not get carried away. I’ll draw an analogy here between Unsworth’s performance with us a manager in his brief caretaker spell and his overall performance as u23 boss. In the end, results would say he did ok, but overall there is a huge difference in standard between youth level and senior premier league football. Like I said though, I’m hopeful for Lookman and Vlasic and Davies is far ahead in his development than the rest. DCL is a mixed bag for me- I honestly think we Blues have a tendency to overrate him a little, as so far this season he’s stood out in a really poor season so far. Still has some potential, but compared to someone like Rashford he looks like he needs a lot of work.

And for young talented players and what to do with them, look no further than Stones and Lukaku. The issue is what we had around them and then what we did with the money we received. We sold Stones and replaced him with Williams that summer- utterly shocking from the club. There’s also a big difference between a player who’s 25 and a player who’s 30- and most of the players we’ve been linked with recently are closer to 30. A prime signing would be someone like de Vrij at Lazio- out of contract in the summer, rumoured to be available for a £25 million release clause. Similarly, I’m surprised we haven’t gone for Gibson at Boro.

I think we'll see a few go in January, and quite a few arrive. Some 'shock names' may leave too.

Joel
Sandro
Mirallas
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Lookman
Vlasic
Williams
Besic
McCarthy.

As it stands, I'd be surprised to see any of them next August when we start again...
If we sell any of Vlasic , Lookman or Sandro BFS and Walsh need to be sacked
I’d even keep Klassen for another 18!months and see how he plays once he’s settled in what will hopefully be a decent team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back