Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a left back and should wait until Tierney becomes available. As for Dembele as a striker, he just isn't an upgrade on DCL and will cost a fortune.

Would suit our current style really well. Good at holding on to the ball and laying it off to midfield runners. Not sure he'll ever be prolific but not many strikers are in a 4-5-1.

I'd have Luke Shaw as a cheap signing. Still young enough and the kind of player who might do well under a no nonsense coach. Although he has just got back into the MU side so maybe not![/QUOTE

I think Morinio is being cute by playing him, i think he's putting him the shop window, ready for sale.
I'd take him on a loan deal til end of season personally, see what he's made of.
He's got to be better than Martina.

Ryan Sessegnon should be our first signing.

He may well have other teams circling but where would he go?

RS - Playing Gomez there
Chelsea - Don't play kids
Spurs - Have a left back
United - Just needs to look at the turnover of left backs
City - Wont get games
Arsenal - Possibly

Everton - Rapid progression to take over from Baines + can play with his England youth mates.

I'd hope we make him the no1 priority...

Centre forward is hard to say...Dolberg and Dembele would be interesting but we need to be wary here as in this position we need someone to come in and hit the ground running...tricky.

Centre back i'd go for De Ligt at Ajax. Again, same situation as Sessegnon...top sides will want him but if we offer him a path to cement a position then we have a chance.

I wouldn't expect any of these names to start. Basically they'd be brought in/out of the side ready to hit the ground running next season.

We were linked with him, but because he has played for two teams this season allready we cant sign him
Thank god
Even though it’s most likely a load of nonsense from a rumour forum.
When koeman got the job we were linked with Southampton players and Dutch players. When Walsh arrived we started to get linked with players he had bought and targeted for Leicester.

I know a lot of mangers buy players they have bought previous, but let’s hope sam is true to his word about his 1st signing being very important.

Going of the previous post, I wouldn’t mind Shaw. I think he’s got a lot of talent, obviously has a few issues with injuries. But with him being out of contract in the summer he wouldn’t cost a fortune abd he’s be worth the gamble imo.

Tierney/sesseg and Dembele
50m is enough. We do not need establish signings. This season is a write off and should spend 100% effort on developing kids. Signing Giroud will serve no purpose to accomplish anything meaningful in the short and long term. Like I say, we will most probably find ourselves nothing to play for in February. Secure safety, but unable to break into top 7.

RS - Playing Gomez there
Spurs - Have a left back
City - Wont get games
Arsenal - Possibly

Everton - Rapid progression to take over from Baines + can play with his England youth mates.

Centre forward is hard to say...Dolberg and Dembele would be interesting but we need to be wary here as in this position we need someone to come in and hit the ground running...tricky.

Centre back i'd go for De Ligt at Ajax. Again, same situation as Sessegnon...top sides will want him but if we offer him a path to cement a position then we have a chance.

I wouldn't expect any of these names to start. Basically they'd be brought in/out of the side ready to hit the ground running next season.
I would love us to go for sessegnon, but spurs have been linked and my sell rose.
As for the others I’m not sure about dolberg, when you see how Klassen has struggled. Dembele would also be an expensive gamble.

I think sam will target a couple of ready made players.

I would love us to go for sessegnon, but spurs have been linked and my sell rose.
As for the others I’m not sure about dolberg, when you see how Klassen has struggled. Dembele would also be an expensive gamble.

I think sam will target a couple of ready made players.

yeah, I think we'll go for expensive ready made players.

For me, Sessegnon and De Ligt would be major coups...ridiculous signings really.

Up front, its hard...like you say Dolberg and Dembele would be gambles..im not sure who would be decent and ready made...

belotti would be the dream, very unlikely though...not sure who else.

I wish people would stop listing tierney as an option he is a Celtic diehard thru and thru he wouldn’t leave Celtic for us and would have more high profile suitors

Tierney/sesseg and Dembele
50m is enough. We do not need establish signings. This season is a write off and should spend 100% effort on developing kids. Signing Giroud will serve no purpose to accomplish anything meaningful in the short and long term. Like I say, we will most probably find ourselves nothing to play for in February. Secure safety, but unable to break into top 7.

Sadly it will be SA stop gap approach to boring stability finishing mid table and Hoofball

RS - Playing Gomez there
Spurs - Have a left back
City - Wont get games
Arsenal - Possibly

Zat stop going full on Zat.

RS - Playing Gomez there
Spurs - Have a left back
City - Wont get games
Arsenal - Possibly

I'd take him tbf good shout. Might cost a fair bit though

RS - Playing Gomez there
Spurs - Have a left back
City - Wont get games
Arsenal - Possibly

He is Spurs is number 1 target from what I’ve heard. He will replace Rose who is going to Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back