Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you blame him? He has been good for us at a difficult time and it wouldn’t be hard to persuade him that the grass is greener elsewhere.

Would want to keep him but at the moment he is some distance from a kante.

Agree but we are some distance from Chelsea

I suspect that we’ll be looking at loans. The speed of the Ross deal suggests to me that Tosun was dependent on the money from Chelsea. We’ve just borrowed 13.5 from Santander which suggests that we

I would be bothered about loosing gana, if someone offered 30mil. He’s great at pressing and tackling but he’s not great in possession, and offer very little in the final 3rd

Our midfield is pants and I would get rid of them all. And start again.
At the start of next season he will be 29, why give him a new deal
Fully agree with this. He's a good worker, but 99% of the time also contributes to our attacks breaking down when he enters the final third. I like him, but there must be a reason why we've conceded so many goals and he's played in virtually every game. I'm not pointing the blame on him, but as a defensive midfielder you'd expect somebody that good to be able to stop many attacks reaching the defence all the time.

Gueye is easily replaceable. He's decent but got zero quality on the ball. Let's not kid ourselves.

People keep using this line and its just not true.

If other players bothered to move around a show for a pass his quality would be perfectly fine. As it stands he is being forced to push forward looking for options and then has to try something a bit more creative as nobody else seems to want to bother doing it.

Fully agree with this. He's a good worker, but 99% of the time also contributes to our attacks breaking down when he enters the final third. I like him, but there must be a reason why we've conceded so many goals and he's played in virtually every game. I'm not pointing the blame on him, but as a defensive midfielder you'd expect somebody that good to be able to stop many attacks reaching the defence all the time.

He shouldn't be entering the final third!

People keep using this line and its just not true.

If other players bothered to move around a show for a pass his quality would be perfectly fine. As it stands he is being forced to push forward looking for options and then has to try something a bit more creative as nobody else seems to want to bother doing it.

Personally I don't agree. He's a good player, certainly not a great player. And if someone offered 30m or more then I'd certainly not lose any sleep. He hasn't a creative bone in his body. His style has its pros and cons too. Yes he at times wins it high which is great, but equally it's his achilles heal and he lacks discipline on a regular basis. His passing matrices are not good either, he's not an effective pivot.

Gana is a bad passer of the ball. Loosing him would only be an issue if McCarthy cant get healthy for longer periods, as i think James is a more compleate footballer. He presses hard, is bigger and stronger and a better passer.

I like Gana, but we should really sell him for 30m. If we can get something like that for Morgan too, Id be happy.

Do you blame him? He has been good for us at a difficult time and it wouldn’t be hard to persuade him that the grass is greener elsewhere.

Would want to keep him but at the moment he is some distance from a kante.

Personally, I honestly think he's been no where near the level he hit in his first 10 or so games for us (pre ACON)
Couldn't care less if he leaves or not. He'll be sold for a significant profit and should be easy enough to replace.

I suspect that we’ll be looking at loans. The speed of the Ross deal suggests to me that Tosun was dependent on the money from Chelsea. We’ve just borrowed 13.5 from Santander which suggests that we

I'd guess ross's move has been in place for months.
We definately need to trim the squad, a few youth players have already moved and there's been bids for a few others.
Some senior pros need moved on and it may be we have to sell to buy but for some reason I think we will be proactive this window.

Call it unfounded and idiotic optimism if you want but I think it's something to do with the painkillers I took about 20mins ago...

Got in a taxi yesterday and the driver told me he had craig Shakespeare in the back about a week ago taking him up to finch farm.

He told him that we're going all out for marhez. Wouldn't of thought anything of it but I remembered someone saying something similar on here a while back.

Has there been any chatter about this?

Just keep selling are better players until we go down then aye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back