Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
..you have to think there’s substance in some of the links, including the Bayern LB, Soumaoro and Terrier from Lille and Konsa from Charlton. I wonder if they are lined up for summer (Bayern apparently don’t want to sell mid-season; Soumaoro has fitness to prove; Terrier is on loan at Strasbourg and Konsa is getting game time).

Perhaps the only way the situation changes is if another club forces our hand.

Think Bayern not letting him go is bs mate frankly, they have played Rafinha there at left back 14 times this season (although naturally a rb) and have Alaba as the starter, think this lad is basically third choice in reality.

Smacks to me of 'give us a better offer'

We’re being laughed at by Leicester fans for thinking we can take Vardy from them. This is how low we are as a club right now.
Leicester can laugh they have had one lucky season when they flukes the league. IMO there's no argument we are the 7th best team in the league (not that we are showing it at the moment) our durability in the premier league since it began just shows the size of team we are. Unfortunately for us others have had wealthy investors long before us and have somewhat left us behind, we now have better financial backing,but we did start it off a bit clueless, but I think now the mistakes are starting to be rectified and I expect a lot has been learned and we will improve from now on.

Didn't Sam say that he doesn't work particularly hard in training to improve himself and learn the game in the PL? Also, we are all thinking we need a deep laying playmaker to pick the ball of the defenders. Genuine question, can't Rooney play that role? This team on paper now is actually looking top seven if they get into form - Pickford, Baines, Coleman (or Kenny), Keane, Williams (Holgate), Gana, Rooney, Bolassie, Walcott and Cenk. Our bench is looking okay too...way off top four but I think there are some positives.

Surely we can't come out of this window with Martina playing left back. Not to buy a proper left back in this window will be foolhardy.
Every team we play will target Cuco, this will mean we have to double up on the left side which will unbalance the team. Fat Sam is meant to be a master of defence, surely he can't be happy.
If he thinks we can continue to play with Cuco at left back then he is a worse manager than I thought he was and I thought he was pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back