Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly was daft mate. Especially when cover was not.brought in and Garbutt not named in either squad. Robinson loan since been extended too.

The club has acted like a bunch of amateurs in this. Especially given Baines' recent injury record and our fixture list with being in EL.

..I totally agree, Fred. They really have got themselves in a mess. You have to think Connolly and Robinson are ahead of Garbutt in the queue but neither are available to us. Crazy.

...I remember saying at the time I was surprised both went on loan given how brittle Baines has become. If you add Galloway into the mix, we have 3 LBs on loan in the Championship (I appreciate Connolly is getting rave reviews in CM) which really shows a very poor level of planning.

Or they thought they had a LB replacement (maybe even Martina) lined up after sending them on loan and couldn't recall them?

..I totally agree, Fred. They really have got themselves in a mess. You have to think Connolly and Robinson are ahead of Garbutt in the queue but neither are available to us. Crazy.

I'm not sure they thought Garbutt would be here. I suspect they are at a similar level, but Robinson and particularly Connolly have a good chance to overtake him.

I think Martina was bought as back up for both full back positions, I said so before the season kicked off.

He’s just not good enough and another poor buy but what we have now is what Koeman planned.

Any injuries to Baines and Martina will play was his plan.

Some Dutch media reporting that Everton are amongst a few clubs interested in young Fortuna Sittard starlet Tom Ghislain (18). Ghislain plays as a right back for our 2nd string and is yet to make his debut for the first team. Very interested to see what comes of this, as of course Sittard are my local team that I've been supporting since I was six years old.
I heard the same from my Limburger friends who follow Roda. Is he good.

Amartey is like your version of martina from what I've seen of him, absolute turd
Dragovic, he's on loan isn't he?
james, he the manc? crap
albrighton crap
Amartey is pretty average but solid enough. We're looking for new right backs at the moment but him and Simpson are solid enough. James is our 3rd / 4th choice CM. Silva is getting his fitness back after 6 months of not being able to play and he will start. Albrighton isn't crap, you won't find a single Leicester fan who thinks that, as I've said he's criminally underrated. 6 assists this season, same as Coutinho, Eriksen more than Salah, Firminho and most of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back