Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you never know a players intentions until an offer is on the table. Ross is a good example as is Stones. before the Cheslea bid he appeared a down to earth kid, he'd signed a new deal and was just happy to be at Everton. That Cheslea bid and all the public courting really turned his head. Obviously leaving us for Chelsea is a step up so you can understand why he handed in a transfer request but he didn't appear like the sort of player who'd do that. Tierney may be a hardcore Celtic fan but from a professional point of view other than the chance to spanked in the CL each year what does that team or league provide? Everton would be a step up. He may not want that, he's probably really happy like Stones appeared to be but put that offer in front of him and he may be tempted. Money and the Premierleague is a massive pull.

at the time I thought stones had put that request in thinking we would accept the bid as it would get us 10% more money as he waives his loyalty bonus by requesting the transfer, may be wrong, but I feel like he was advised on that basis, not just to be tool

Leaving out my own opinion of him.

Simple question.

If your son had the potential to be a Premier League footballer and had no ties to the North West / Everton, would you want him to play under Allardyce?

Or would you rather he earned the same money and played for a more forward thinking manager ?
If you listen to Sir Alex and others they say there is no more forward think manager than Sam Allyrdyce.
The honest answer to that question is that I would look at what was being offered by any club that was interested and I am not talking about the financial package.

We have no idea what Sam Allrydyce is like, what his training sessions are like, what the atmosphere in the squad is like what his attitude is to young players and their development.

Everton are a mess this season, the team has been a disaster but that isn't down to Sam.

It's not like the Chelsea situation when Mourinho left and Conte came in, we have deficiencies in our squad at centre back, left back and central midfield and unfortunately the buying spree in the summer left us worse off than before.
I don't expect that any manager would do any better than what we are doing up to now. I hope Tosun and Walcott improve matters and I hope for more signings before the end of the window.

At the moment the style of football is the least of my worries, getting points any way we can is a priority,

In summary, I don't know if I would pick Everton for my son,if I had one(two daughters) but if I didn't it wouldn't be because I know Sam Allyrdyce is manager as I drive in the gate at FF.

No manager can do better? That’s equivalent to saying sam is the best manager in the world!

And I haven’t go on about playing Martina and Schneiderlin.

Can our tactics and player selection improve our game play and hence make the team collect more points with more efficient Football? Of cos we can. Saying we can’t also means big Sam is doing everything perfect at the moment. Clearly not.

Ps: I’ve just realise I’m in the transfer thread. Can’t blame me for going off thread when there’s not much transfer rumour to discuss. Can’t even find any twitter link the past few days

If you listen to Sir Alex and others they say there is no more forward think manager than Sam Allyrdyce.
The honest answer to that question is that I would look at what was being offered by any club that was interested and I am not talking about the financial package.

We have no idea what Sam Allrydyce is like, what his training sessions are like, what the atmosphere in the squad is like what his attitude is to young players and their development.

Everton are a mess this season, the team has been a disaster but that isn't down to Sam.

It's not like the Chelsea situation when Mourinho left and Conte came in, we have deficiencies in our squad at centre back, left back and central midfield and unfortunately the buying spree in the summer left us worse off than before.
I don't expect that any manager would do any better than what we are doing up to now. I hope Tosun and Walcott improve matters and I hope for more signings before the end of the window.

At the moment the style of football is the least of my worries, getting points any way we can is a priority,

In summary, I don't know if I would pick Everton for my son,if I had one(two daughters) but if I didn't it wouldn't be because I know Sam Allyrdyce is manager as I drive in the gate at FF.

Each to their own mate.

But you can say that West Ham were in exactly the same situation and Moyes seems to have galvanised them, same with Hodgson at Palace. ( I`m not advocating either of them by the way ).

I do agree that the club is a mess, from top to bottom, but Allardyce was a pure panic appointment and really shouldn`t be near Everton FC in any capacity, let alone managing us. ( I`m being polite now, as you seem like a reasonable person )

Who is this Sam Allardyce fellow I keep reading about in the TRANSFER thread? Sounds exotic. I take it he musnt be a left back if we have been linked.

...Daily Mail reporting both Everton and Liverpool have baulked at the £5m asking price for Ezri Konsa and the 20 year old defender is set to stay at Charlton.

5m is nothing these days. Play him 10 odd games and his value will automatically rise to 10-20m. See Holgate, easily worth above 10m now.

That’s how the transfer market works these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back