Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2018 transfer window thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing good about Schneids is he does seem to have plenty of suiters (god knows what they've been watching tho), so getting him off our hands come summer shouldn't be a problem, As for brozovic I havnt seen enough of the lad to be to upset if that rumour was true and the fact inter seem desperate to get rid of him doesn't fill me with hope, we are in serious need of a big overhaul within our club at the mo and I'm not just talking players, we need to spend the nxt few months really scouting the man to take this club forward, also a dof with a proven track record + vast knowledge of world football that is on the same wavelength in terms of the rebuilding of this club as our nxt manager + also work on finding the suiters for the trash we have bloating our squad before the summer window even opens it's doors! We need to seriously refresh things before we come the nxt villa/Sunderland

So we've got rid of Sandro, Besic and Lookman on loan, with Barkley and Mirallas leaving permanently. I think in the summer the first things we need to do are get rid of the rest of the deadwood, i.e. Stekelenberg, both Jagielka and Williams plus Martina. We've also still got Browning and Galloway on the books and I assume these will be sold to Championship clubs. I think Lookman will come back to us refreshed, but I expect both Sandro and Besic to leave permanently come the summer. That'll be 10 players gone and a great basis to rebuild the squad and shunting players such as Baines, Bolasie, Rooney and Schneiderlin into more bit-part squad players as opposed to important starters. There's not a lot of money we'll be able to generate unless we sell Pickford or Gueye, so I hope Mr Moshiri is prepared to put his hand back into his pocket as we really need about four or five good players brought in: Centre half, left back, centre midfield, left wing, possibly striker depending on if Niasse is deemed surplus to requirements. In any case we'll have brought the squad size right down and be starting with a good base of players to expand.

Why did we let lookman go leaving us with three wingers? We now only have three central midfielders fit, no left back!! Yet six, yes six centre backs

Madness

Why did we let lookman go leaving us with three wingers? We now only have three central midfielders fit, no left back!! Yet six, yes six centre backs

Madness
Sam prefers Sigurdsson over Lookman, and you cannot argue with Sigurdsson's performance tonight. Walcott will start every game when fit, and rightly so, and Vlasic is currently preferred to Lookman, as is Bolasie, even though I'd have Lookman over him.

That's four players for two positions, so it's fine for me to get him out on loan in a good team for some great experience that'll toughen him up and get him ready for next season with us.

Sam prefers Sigurdsson over Lookman, and you cannot argue with Sigurdsson's performance tonight. Walcott will start every game when fit, and rightly so, and Vlasic is currently preferred to Lookman, as is Bolasie, even though I'd have Lookman over him.

That's four players for two positions, so it's fine for me to get him out on loan in a good team for some great experience that'll toughen him up and get him ready for next season with us.

Sigurdson is not a winger though pal. We will never see the best of him until he plays as a number 10

Unfortunately we signed Rooney and Klassen for those positions also when they weren’t needed (dowell also)

Poor transfers in my book. Tosun an Unproven premier league striker in, Walcott is fine but not really needed. We need a left back so get mangala. Loads of attackers out Sandro, Barkley, Mirallas, Lookman and Lennon. Still glaring holes in the squad and in the team. I just dont think its good buisness and leaves us short attacking wise again. If walcott and bolasie get injured we are screwed, we then have zero pace outwide. FFS

Poor transfers in my book. Tosun an Unproven premier league striker in, Walcott is fine but not really needed. We need a left back so get mangala. Loads of attackers out Sandro, Barkley, Mirallas, Lookman and Lennon. Still glaring holes in the squad and in the team. I just dont think its good buisness and leaves us short attacking wise again. If walcott and bolasie get injured we are screwed, we then have zero pace outwide. FFS

Nah we need him. You said it yourself we had zero pace and i agree with you about that but he was needed.

13 games left only. Let's chill mate. Then enjoy the clearance sale in the Summer hopefully.

Walcott, is exactly what we needed!

Really pains me when you scout players for months, assess how capable they are to improve the team, how capable they are to play in thr PL, how confident you are to help them up their game so you pay good money for them only to bring them here, mismanage the team and club, leaving them in a limbo and then ship them out declaring them not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back