Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
[IMG]https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/data/avatars/m/11/11918.jpg?1438440561[/IMG]
marty mcfly
Player Valuation: £70m

Aug 5, 2015
#11,995

Payet, Konoplynka, Ayew, Patrick Bamford, Yohan Cabaye, Danny Ings, Ogbonn etc

Marty McFly/Adversus with a old old Ings shout

That you Adversus? @EverBlue92

No offence but digging out some random blokes post from 3 years ago and accusing someone of being them because they mention the same footballer (OMG such a coincidence) is a bit weird mate.

But to answer your question no im not Matthew Mcfly or whoever you think I am. 3 years ago I spent the majority of my spare time goosing in popworld not on GOT... now im washed up lol:pint2:

...the Guardian quote Silva as saying he has no intention of moving Jagielka on in January.
Well Silva won't be the first or last person to sell Jags a dummy if he does go in January.

I presume that Jagielka will stay though and go in the summer. If someone offered actual money though, I'd be tempted though, and I would think Jagielka would go if it was a 1.5-2.5 year deal.

Werner is crap.

Purely on the fact I backed him to be top scorer at the world cup and he stunk the gaff out.

Hahah

In all seriousness, he's a classy finisher, but he pretty much has one facet to his game which is running in behind.

That's why he doesn't really work as a lone striker, whereas with Leipzig he's nearly always played in a two with someone else dropping off (last year it was Augustin, Poulsen or Lookman).

Just don't think he'd fit the system we currently play.

...I think it’s much more to do with Silva wanting him as back-up. Jagielka would certainly be in demand, there wouldn’t be a fee involved and a club would offer him a tidy signing fee and 2 year contract. I imagine Silva values having him available and around USM FF.

he's 36, i hope to god we don't give him a 2 year deal.

Suggestions then...who would suit Silvas system?

Someone who is physically imposing and can do a bit of everything.

I'm a huge fan of Haller at Frankfurt, but the issue may be his pace (or lack of it). He couldn't offer what Richarlison does in terms of stretching a defence.

Rodrigo at Valencia could be perfect. Maybe he's not physical enough but he's definitely intelligent enough. He hasn't been playing brilliantly this season though, then again neither have Valencia.

You have an up and coming player like Wesley who'd be a realistic target and could offer everything. Big gamble though if you're relying solely on him.

That's off the top of my head.

...I would doubt it, Jack, all i’m saying is somebody might give him a 2 year deal to attract him.

yeah i know, just saying i hope he's not here past the summer. Think we'd be fine for the rest of the season if we did sell him now tbh but we have a very young squad, so there does need to be some experience.

yeah i know, just saying i hope he's not here past the summer. Think we'd be fine for the rest of the season if we did sell him now tbh but we have a very young squad, so there does need to be some experience.

...yep, I think Jagielka and Baines have been fine servants but if we are truly managing squad numbers then they should move in the summer. Saying that, I expect both would want to leave.

In regards to AWB I suspect the biggest clubs would rather see a team like ours buy him, check his progress, then sign him off us if he gets to their level. Money is nothing to them.
I don't get this at all. Why can't they check him out whilst he's still at Palace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back