Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We clearly want to trim the squad. That process will continue through January and into the next window.

I think Baines and Jagielka will only leave if they want too. I can't see the club standing in their way if they do. I have no idea what each player wants, but you could understand if they want to maximise playing time at the end of their careers it may be an option for them.

Surely with their contracts up at the end of the season...

Baines will stay as backup as he only has Digne in front of him.

Jags will seek a move because hes got a few ahead of him.

Both gone by summer.

Agreed , but 5-6 signings over 3-4 windows isn’t a massive turnover, especially if zouma and gomes are two of them say summer window, then a ST , RB and CM and RW is all that’s required over this jan, summer and next jan and summer .

Digne £18mil, Mina £27mil, Bernard £0, Richarlison £35mil

4 signings for £80mil

If we can punt a few players out for decent fees then no reason why we cant bring in £40mil and recycle it for 2 more players in Jan...

Niasse, Tosun, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Bolasie, Besic etc etc...surely Brands can work his magic once more.

Unless Usmanov comes on board , there is a rights issue ( which if it does happen will be Stadium related IMHO) or Bill coughs up the Arteta money then FFP and Moshiri’s relative wealth won’t allow the spending of 200 plus million over 2/4 windows

You seem very focused on the expenditure...i cant see how were spending above and beyond our means on transfer fees...my only concern would be on the wage bill.

If we can shift out players permanently or at worst get loan fees and wages off the books then we should still be able to invest sizeable amounts each window.

I think lol

We spent a lot more than anyone expected in the summer. People stating we should spend more or that Moshiri should back the manager more need to be realistic. Moshiri has backed the manager and I imagine that Silva is very happy with the squad that he’s been given to work with.

Let these guys continue to gel. Carry on the way we’re going and compete for top 6. Take stock again at the end of the season when there’s a lot more available players to target.

(Unless Lozano is available in jan and then do whatever it takes to get him in)
Im pretty sure Lozano agreed to stay with PSV for 2 years which would take him up to summer of 2019, then he would be let go to a bigger european club, i do hope we will be in there when he decides to move whenever it is.

I think we MUST move on Lozano in Jan.

Even if we agree the deal and he joins in the summer. Its imperative we tie up a right sided player before next season and if its not him then someone of equal or better quality.

This whole 2 season malarkey seems reasonable on the surface but PSV would sell him at anytime for the right price (like last summer) which makes me think a deal is in place with Brands.

Surely with their contracts up at the end of the season...

Baines will stay as backup as he only has Digne in front of him.

Jags will seek a move because hes got a few ahead of him.

Both gone by summer.

Digne £18mil, Mina £27mil, Bernard £0, Richarlison £35mil

4 signings for £80mil

If we can punt a few players out for decent fees then no reason why we cant bring in £40mil and recycle it for 2 more players in Jan...

Niasse, Tosun, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Bolasie, Besic etc etc...surely Brands can work his magic once more.

You seem very focused on the expenditure...i cant see how were spending above and beyond our means on transfer fees...my only concern would be on the wage bill.

If we can shift out players permanently or at worst get loan fees and wages off the books then we should still be able to invest sizeable amounts each window.

I think lol

I think we MUST move on Lozano in Jan.

Even if we agree the deal and he joins in the summer. Its imperative we tie up a right sided player before next season and if its not him then someone of equal or better quality.

This whole 2 season malarkey seems reasonable on the surface but PSV would sell him at anytime for the right price (like last summer) which makes me think a deal is in place with Brands.
Zat
Sportspesa and Angry birds are our main sponsors
Kitbag look after shirt sales
We have little or no corporate hospitality
Our commercial dept is a joke and we don’t generate enough revenue to constantly spend spend spend
Koeman /Walsh wasted the Moshiri and Lukaku money and there ain’t a lot left in the kitty , unless as you say Brands works his magic
As for sales you’re missing one vital point
Somebody has to want to buy our rubbish , and last summer showed that’s not easy

That’s transfermarket
It’s not the real world
I agree Brands will get bargains but he won’t be spending big money anytime soon unless the board know something we don’t

You've lost me...are you saying the site isnt reliable?

Fair enough if so, but those 2 players transfer fees are what the press reported also, which do you disagree with?

Not sure what big money is to you...but we will easily have money to spend...though for purw accounting will surely have to sell players.

The real price of a player is what someone is prepared to pay for him
Is Meymar worth 220m
MBappe 166 m
Lozano is coveted and will probably fetch a lot more than 36m
Big money is what ever we can afford to spend , there’s not a lot left in the kitty
Unless ....................

Im pretty sure Lozano agreed to stay with PSV for 2 years which would take him up to summer of 2019, then he would be let go to a bigger european club, i do hope we will be in there when he decides to move whenever it is.

Unless Barca, real, athletico, PSG or juve come in for him I think we’ll get him.

I find it hard to believe some of those players are out of contract in the summer
A lot will have options for one more year
I know Zouma signed a 6 year deal in 2017 so there are probably a lot of other errors on that list or it’s way out of date
There are a lot of names I’d jump at
James , Higuain , Mata Fabregas plus a couple of CB and RW
However I think the list is out of date and not s lot would come here
Higuain if he is out of contract would be a statement signing

Some of those are clearly the dates their loan contracts end

Zat
Sportspesa and Angry birds are our main sponsors
Kitbag look after shirt sales
We have little or no corporate hospitality
Our commercial dept is a joke and we don’t generate enough revenue to constantly spend spend spend
Koeman /Walsh wasted the Moshiri and Lukaku money and there ain’t a lot left in the kitty , unless as you say Brands works his magic
As for sales you’re missing one vital point
Somebody has to want to buy our rubbish , and last summer showed that’s not easy
The real price of a player is what someone is prepared to pay for him
Is Meymar worth 220m
MBappe 166 m
Lozano is coveted and will probably fetch a lot more than 36m
Big money is what ever we can afford to spend , there’s not a lot left in the kitty
Unless ....................

Im not sure how you come to this conclusion that we dont have funds?

Permanent signings in summer
Digne £18mil
Mina £27mil
Bernard £0
Richarlison £35mil

Total = £80mil

Sales
Klaassen = £12.5mil
Mori = £9.5mil
Rooney = £0
Robles = £0
Total = £22mil

Net spend = £58mil.

Loans OUT = 11
Loans IN = 2

So, i think we can cover the numbers based on tv money and commercials...

Of course this is just the basics and it will be calculated in other ways over several years with staggered payments etc.

I do think its important for us to try and bring in £50mil in Jan and the summer to enable us to spend a similar amount in fees + free up space for wages.

Full faith in brands.

Absolutely need a right sided player at the same level as Richarlison...for me its Lozano but im sure Brands has a few names on the list.

Richarlison stays CF till Jan and lets see how he and Bernard are doing...not to mention if Lookman gets in the 11.

Ive mentioned this a few times but;

Posters are suggesting we wont get value or top players in Jan as its midway through the european leagues...

Fair enough...

But its the end of the south american season...

The top sides like barca and Madrid along with PSV and Ajax etc tend to sign south americans in jan.

I think jan will be a good indicator if were looking to bring in players from that region. Cant see it being delayed till summer...makes no sense for the selling clubs.

Problem with South American players, particularly the younger talented ones Brands would used to target is with work permits

Quick snippet here of some sales we could make in Jan (some loan players we could sell to their loan sides or pre agreement for summer sales);

Baines
Jagielka
Bolasie
Sandro
Walcott
Tosun
Cuco
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Niasse
Besic
Browning
Pennington
Hewelt
Tarashaj
Connolly
Williams
Mirallas
Garbutt

19 players there enabling us to bring in;
LB / CB / CM / RF / CF

All the positions we need improving.

Huge amount of wages would be saved...so as long as we are able to achieve a certain amount of fees and also loan some out to get the wage bill down for incomings we look fine to me.

Lets not forget also Onyekuru and Vlasic are premium players for us as well who could save us alot of money or potentially raise £40mil i imagine in fees.

Problem with South American players, particularly the younger talented ones Brands would used to target is with work permits

Theres 3 ways around that ruling;

1 -- Special dispensation (e.g if were after an u20 Brazilian international)

2 -- European grandparent or suchlike

3 -- From memory the fee needs to be in the highest 15% of transfer fees in the league for that window.

Onyekuru didnt achieve any of these items...but Richarlison covered 1 + 3 for Watford.

So i think it depends on the profile of those were after and so i doubt we would be moving on 'bargains' unless they are fixtures at international level of some pedigree.

Im not sure how you come to this conclusion that we dont have funds?

Permanent signings in summer
Digne £18mil
Mina £27mil
Bernard £0
Richarlison £35mil

Total = £80mil

Sales
Klaassen = £12.5mil
Mori = £9.5mil
Rooney = £0
Robles = £0
Total = £22mil

Net spend = £58mil.

Loans OUT = 11
Loans IN = 2

So, i think we can cover the numbers based on tv money and commercials...

Of course this is just the basics and it will be calculated in other ways over several years with staggered payments etc.

I do think its important for us to try and bring in £50mil in Jan and the summer to enable us to spend a similar amount in fees + free up space for wages.

Full faith in brands.

If only it worked like that mate.

Quick snippet here of some sales we could make in Jan (some loan players we could sell to their loan sides or pre agreement for summer sales);

Baines
Jagielka
Bolasie
Sandro
Walcott
Tosun
Cuco
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Niasse
Besic
Browning
Pennington
Hewelt
Tarashaj
Connolly
Williams
Mirallas
Garbutt

19 players there enabling us to bring in;
LB / CB / CM / RF / CF

All the positions we need improving.

Huge amount of wages would be saved...so as long as we are able to achieve a certain amount of fees and also loan some out to get the wage bill down for incomings we look fine to me.

Lets not forget also Onyekuru and Vlasic are premium players for us as well who could save us alot of money or potentially raise £40mil i imagine in fees.

LB needs improving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back