Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I presume you’re suggesting positions that need strengthening in Summer. We won’t know about Gomes and Zouma until summer and this is the January transfer thread.

Moshiri has already said the club might not spend at all in January because players are still bedding in. Unless a particular player is available, I think that might be the case.

My take on it mate, January should always be used to add at least one player, unless your at the very top, otherwise it's missing out on a chance to strengthen.

Given the propensity for clubs not wanting to do business n the month, can also be an uncontested market if you actually early.

I get all that. And I guess a bit of it is personal preference.

Totally get that getting players in Jan would also set them up better for next season. I guess we can see with Tosun and to a lesser extent Walcott that it doesn’t always work...although I’m harsh on them two at the minute.

And to be clear, to improve we definitely will need new and better players, in just far from convinced that January will see that happen as they’re not needed right now.

But yeah, personal preference I guess. I’d rather wait myself. I reckon more value can be found in the summer. And we’d be in a bette position to push on then too.

Big caveat mate, both those signings happened in a January that saw a summer managerial change.

If the manager is the same then it removes a huge problem with January signings.

Absolutely need a right sided player at the same level as Richarlison...for me its Lozano but im sure Brands has a few names on the list.

Richarlison stays CF till Jan and lets see how he and Bernard are doing...not to mention if Lookman gets in the 11.

Ive mentioned this a few times but;

Posters are suggesting we wont get value or top players in Jan as its midway through the european leagues...

Fair enough...

But its the end of the south american season...

The top sides like barca and Madrid along with PSV and Ajax etc tend to sign south americans in jan.

I think jan will be a good indicator if were looking to bring in players from that region. Cant see it being delayed till summer...makes no sense for the selling clubs.

I can see us signing from South America. I don't view that are the elite leagues though. Lots of bargains and value to be had though.

I can see us signing from South America. I don't view that are the elite leagues though. Lots of bargains and value to be had though.
I’m sure Brands it’s looking at that market, but he’s not buying fir the Dutch league now, The prem is A totally different level which I suppose makes it a lot harder to find the right quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back