Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my list
Lozano can play right,left and up front. Got close links with brands so maybe we have a chance unless one of the club's in CL comes in.

Like signing young english talent so my next choice is Declan Rice as he not signed a new contract yet. Can play at Cb and defensive midfield so will be good cover as he learning still and could be a bargain.

Can we afford to sign a wonder kid such as foden or sancho. Both exciting talents both going to the top. Foden might want to leave watching Sancho making the right decision to leave city.

Ok a right back. Dont think Kenny will make it and our coleman needs competition so the new guy must be young and play in another position like rice above.
Tierney can cover Digne as baines is finished at this level and can play in different positions such as CB, RB snd left winger. So splash the cash out on this star but 25 million max.

Gomes is a must like Zouma. Hopefully these can be done before Jan.

But we have alot of deadwood to get rid off.

Bolsie
Tosun
Niasse
Morgan
McCarthy

The kids to keep
Calvin . Yeah i like him.
Davies same as above
Dowell. New contract and loan him out. He might be a late bloomer.
Beni. Worth keeping
Lookman. Deffo keep. Could force Bernard out of the first team.

Sell
Holgate. He will find it hard if we get zouma.
Loan holgate there is a player in there. Otherwise agree

Origi linked with a £20m move to wolves, if they get anywhere near that for him we have to not low ball prices for our players. When teams see we only want £4m for a mirallas for example, they're more likely to wonder whats wrong with him and not even try and buy him. Whereas place him at £10m and I weirdly think he'll gain more interest.

Origi linked with a £20m move to wolves, if they get anywhere near that for him we have to not low ball prices for our players. When teams see we only want £4m for a mirallas for example, they're more likely to wonder whats wrong with him and not even try and buy him. Whereas place him at £10m and I weirdly think he'll gain more interest.
It’s scandalous the money they get fir there players. 21mil of Bournemouth for ibe and Smith, is he still there? . And 6mil off hull for Stewart, again not sure how many games he’s played fir hull.

..I very much doubt that, Jack. I suppose with Origi, he’s young, athletic and still has potential. Mirallas is none of those.

It will be interesting to see what area Silva see's as the most weakest

CF or RW

If its CF expect Richarlison to move back out wide with a striker coming in wheras RW I can see us persisting with Rico up top for the rest of the season and looking to upgrade on Walcott in Janaury.

Preferably I would rather upgrade at RW and keep Rico up top until the end of the season. Walcott isnt doing enough and someone like Lozano would offer us much more of a threat.

It will be interesting to see what area Silva see's as the most weakest

CF or RW

If its CF expect Richarlison to move back out wide with a striker coming in wheras RW I can see us persisting with Rico up top for the rest of the season and looking to upgrade on Walcott in Janaury.

Preferably I would rather upgrade at RW and keep Rico up top until the end of the season. Walcott isnt doing enough and someone like Lozano would offer us much more of a threat.

I don’t think he even consider right wing as a weakness.

IMO he just wants so match winners in his front 4 and he’s happy to accommodate them knowing they can win games with a bit of individual brilliance.

I’m sure he’ll look to add more quality there but right now I don’t think right wing is even a priority. Bernard, Walcott, Lookman are all good options although I do think we’ll have players identified and will go for them if they’re available at the right price.

I’m certain we’ll spend massive on a striker, circa £80 million or something would not surprise me at all. That’s the one position you really have to didn’t big on and I really believe we will.

Yeah, it is strange, he took ages to make their starting line up, then was their best player, now isn't playing again. His would be excellent for us in either the Gomes or Glyfi role.

https://statsbomb.com/2018/05/world-cup-scouting-serbias-andrija-zivkovic/

Replace Walcott with him.

Hahaha like clockwork

Just as Digne starts creeping towards the wrong end of 25 you start with the Tierney shouts

Who will be competing with Digne or Coleman for right back when Baines leaves and Kenny (supposedly) isnt deemed good enough?

Seeing as Brands has been at Celtic matches and were linked in summer its not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Very peculiar post by you.

We need left-footers

Zivkovic is primarily left footed.

I don’t think he even consider right wing as a weakness.

IMO he just wants so match winners in his front 4 and he’s happy to accommodate them knowing they can win games with a bit of individual brilliance.

I’m sure he’ll look to add more quality there but right now I don’t think right wing is even a priority. Bernard, Walcott, Lookman are all good options although I do think we’ll have players identified and will go for them if they’re available at the right price.

I’m certain we’ll spend massive on a striker, circa £80 million or something would not surprise me at all. That’s the one position you really have to didn’t big on and I really believe we will.

Walcott is the only natural right sided player and nowhere near good enough.

I shoul
The wage bill is much higher, there using old figures

Bernard, mina, richarlison and digne will be a combined 400k a week

Zouma and gomes is 4m in loan fees plus there wages on top.

No way are villa middelsboro stoke paying the full salary it's probably half.
Also I'm pretty sure we are still paying Koemans holland wages until the end of next season.
d have looked at who the poster was before I wasted 30secs reading that

Gabriel Barbosa returns to inter in jan. struggled when he went there so they shipped him out on loan to santos where he’s been scoring plenty.

Wonder if we could sort a loan to the end of the season with an agreed fee if he does well?
Gabriel Barbosa returns to inter in jan. struggled when he went there so they shipped him out on loan to santos where he’s been scoring plenty.

Wonder if we could sort a loan to the end of the season with an agreed fee if he does well?
Failed in Italy and Portugal
Only seems to do well in Brazil

It’s scandalous the money they get fir there players. 21mil of Bournemouth for ibe and Smith, is he still there? . And 6mil off hull for Stewart, again not sure how many games he’s played fir hull.
This is what I mean, then we went and sold yakubu for £1.5m. i have my doubts about the fees reported by Liverpool for their players though, £12m for ward is another one. A lot on here were jumping for joy about the price we got for Klaassen, but I wasn't. It was crap in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back