Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
2BADF4B9-422E-401E-9B76-1BD1C22EC64A.webp

Save us Glen, you’re our only hope.

If we want to go with Gomes long term and the plan is to sign him then £22mil looks like a no brainer.

Dennis Suarez looks to be a similar type of player and available supposedly for £9mil.

For £31mil we could effectively have 2 players rotating in that centre midfield position so no more tiredness or form issues.

I think Gomes and Suarez could also look good as a pairing but then of course Sigurdsson would have to be dropped as we would need Gana or someone else behind them.

Seems like a good opportunity for us...

Reactions: Sy-
....before I get studying my Racing Post, here’s what being said about Toffee transfer’s this Saturday morning;

- Catalan daily, Mundo Deportivo, say Barcelona are ready to get rid of Andre Gomes on a permanent basis. They paid £32m for the midfielder in 2016 but are ready to cut their losses and could accept £22m. Another website suggests Barcelona would like to start a bidding war beginning at £25m.

- Spanish outlet, Sport, report Everton are ready to turn their attention to 24 year old Barcelona midfielder Denis Suarez after learning Malcom is eager to stay at the Nou Camp. In yesterday’s pre-match press conference, however, Marco Silva denied his club had any interest in signing Malcom. Sky Italia suggest Arsenal head the queue for Suarez who has played just 17 minutes in La Liga this season.

- According to Le10 Sport, Everton and Watford want 24 year old Celta Vigo midfield enforcer, Stanislav Labotka. PSG were keen on the Slovakia international last summer and we’re quoted £45m but the player is now available for £27m.

- The Falkirk Herald confirm 20 year old Everton youth Forward, Shayne Lavery, has joined Falkirk on loan for the rest of the season. The youngster made his full N.Ireland debut last season.

If we want to go with Gomes long term and the plan is to sign him then £22mil looks like a no brainer.

Dennis Suarez looks to be a similar type of player and available supposedly for £9mil.

For £31mil we could effectively have 2 players rotating in that centre midfield position so no more tiredness or form issues.

I think Gomes and Suarez could also look good as a pairing but then of course Sigurdsson would have to be dropped as we would need Gana or someone else behind them.

Seems like a good opportunity for us...

Having watched a 7 minute video, ergo now an expert, he looked quite Hazard-esq. Mildly excited about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back