Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to be sold i think...

Of all our central midfielders only Gomes and Vlasic (one on loan and the other loaned) could play the 433 i think...

Could be some massive changes if Fernandes signs.

They don't have to be sold. Both are currently 2 of our best 3 outfield players, easily.

We'd make money on Gana but what he's good at isn't common. You need a player like that in the squad imo. Gyfli we'd lose money on anyway so keep him around. No need to sell. He's a quality footballer and he's shown that this season.

I get where you're coming from Zat, but Gylfi has 8 goals for us this year, and 4 assist (it should easily be more with the sitters he's created). You can't just keep selling our top scorers and chance creators.

Definitely have to sell a lot yeah...the more merrier

Eh? He was on about a different player...

Errr...read it again...we werent linked...those players simply were rumoured to be jumping out of Sporting in summer due to their president getting the ultras to bsat them up.

Not really sure if youre ignoring the text or just incessantly wumming...

No he wasn't - Bruno Fernandes.

They don't have to be sold. Both are currently 2 of our best 3 outfield players, easily.

We'd make money on Gana but what he's good at isn't common. You need a player like that in the squad imo. Gyfli we'd lose money on anyway so keep him around. No need to sell. He's a quality footballer and he's shown that this season.

I get where you're coming from Zat, but Gylfi has 8 goals for us this year, and 4 assist (it should easily be more with the sitters he's created). You can't just keep selling our top scorers and chance creators.

Theres not a player in the whole squad who I wouldnt sell and replace with a better player tomorrow, so I do see where Zat is coming from. Sadly his plan is very flawed, he wants to sell ALL our best players and replace them with unknowns. When logic suggests that you sell all your bad players and replace them with better players. Then once your best players become bad players you sell them, rinse and repeat.

I think if true the idea would be to play Fernandes and Gomes together in the centre with someone behind them.

Probably Gana...

The issue we have at the moment is that Gylfi isn't a runner. He's not someone who drives forward from deep with the ball. He's someone who likes to have it in five yard pockets and then either release a pass or a shot. He isn't Gomes, who gets on the ball and has the power to drive forward.

So teams can now counter us, to an extent, by simply pressurising Gomes so that he can't get the ball into Gylfi. He can then try and get forward with his physicality, but we've seen in recent games if he is slightly off it/fatigued, that will ultimately lead to errors. So then it just goes back to Gana, who isn't a danger.

Gylfi could drop deep, but it's the same issue, because then there's nobody in the pocket to pass to. And with our movement usually crap up front (unless Richarlison is played there, in which case his movement is excellent, but we lose his 'direct running' from the wing), it limits the options further.

Playing devil's advocate, cause we probably aren't in for B.Fernandes, but a player like him could give us another dimension because, unlike Gylfi, he can run with the ball. So he can drop deep and get on it and drive us forward. It basically opens up the pitch more, and means that a team doesn't just have to close down Gomes to limit us.

Silva says our strikers need to start firing we have niasse tosun and dcl. Get real silva and open your eyes. We don’t have a striker

I think he's emphasing to Moshiri & Brands (and the fans), that that's the area we are weakest at.... Koeman tried too and got no where... If Silva doesn't get a proper striker in this window or next summer he'll be fired by next Christmas, simple as that...

We're probably the 7th best team in the richest league in the world, with a billionaire owner, and we've three League 1 strikers, it's bizarre how we've failed to replace Lukaku....
We obviously need more than a striker, but it is the most urgent signing needed..

Theres not a player in the whole squad who I wouldnt sell and replace with a better player tomorrow, so I do see where Zat is coming from. Sadly his plan is very flawed, he wants to sell ALL our best players and replace them with unknowns. When logic suggests that you sell all your bad players and replace them with better players. Then once your best players become bad players you sell them, rinse and repeat.

Well, yep, I agree on that point. I genuinely wouldn't be gutted to lose anyone in the squad, bar maybe Richarlison. That isn't because they aren't good players, but we've got no outstanding players. We have decent players who are good enough to push us on, in some instances, and then some players with a lot of potential. But the rest are tosh.

Agree totally on your second point.

Well, yep, I agree on that point. I genuinely wouldn't be gutted to lose anyone in the squad, bar maybe Richarlison. That isn't because they aren't good players, but we've got no outstanding players. We have decent players who are good enough to push us on, in some instances, and then some players with a lot of potential. But the rest are tosh.

Im not saying we have only bad players, we have lots of players I like and rate. Digne for example is very, very good, Rico on the left is superb, Iceland produces most weeks for us, Gana does a superb job in the middle of the park, would love us to retain Gomes and Zooms, like them both, little Bernie will only get better the more he adapts, if Lookman can start producing more hes a cracking little player, Pickford, Mina and Keane are alright and DCL MIGHT kick on at some point.

I would be looking to retain all those, but basically sell everybody else in the Summer and replace them.

I dont see Gana fitting into a 433 when he cant pass the ball well which we would really need in that formation from a deep player.

Sigurdsson just looks poor when deep, i thought he would be fine there but alas...no.

Both are very good players in the right team and system but i feel we are playing them to their strengths but the team would benefit from different players.

They arent unknown players...if i know of them then Brands will do too...obviously.

Probably Gana...

The issue we have at the moment is that Gylfi isn't a runner. He's not someone who drives forward from deep with the ball. He's someone who likes to have it in five yard pockets and then either release a pass or a shot. He isn't Gomes, who gets on the ball and has the power to drive forward.

So teams can now counter us, to an extent, by simply pressurising Gomes so that he can't get the ball into Gylfi. He can then try and get forward with his physicality, but we've seen in recent games if he is slightly off it/fatigued, that will ultimately lead to errors. So then it just goes back to Gana, who isn't a danger.

Gylfi could drop deep, but it's the same issue, because then there's nobody in the pocket to pass to. And with our movement usually crap up front (unless Richarlison is played there, in which case his movement is excellent, but we lose his 'direct running' from the wing), it limits the options further.

Playing devil's advocate, cause we probably aren't in for B.Fernandes, but a player like him could give us another dimension because, unlike Gylfi, he can run with the ball. So he can drop deep and get on it and drive us forward. It basically opens up the pitch more, and means that a team doesn't just have to close down Gomes to limit us.

Id say if we had a playmaker sat behind Gomes and Fernandes we would look pretty tasty.

For me, it would be Digne and Richarlison...

Im not saying we have only bad players, we have lots of players I like and rate. Digne for example is very, very good, Rico on the left is superb, Iceland produces most weeks for us, Gana does a superb job in the middle of the park, would love us to retain Gomes and Zooms, like them both, little Bernie will only get better the more he adapts, if Lookman can start producing more hes a cracking little player, Pickford, Mina and Keane are alright and DCL MIGHT kick on at some point.

I would be looking to retain all those, but basically sell everybody else in the Summer and replace them.
Richarlison and signed will be off in the summer when we finish 16th.

Champs league teams will be circling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back