Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the board had genuine ambitions of 5th/6th this seasom get to January and bring in Lozano and a centre forward.

Lozano Siggurdsson Richarlison

???

Martial or Willian Jose for me please Marcel.

Yeh he won’t be on a big wedge at United.

They have just offered him a new 160k a week deal so he'll definitely be on less than what probably some of our top earners are on.

Some of our fans need to have a word with themselves, they moan the club have no ambition, they moan the players have a defeatist mentality yet all our fanbase do is talk us down. Martial has had a good 5-6 games but prior to that he's been a squad player at Utd and is nowhere near the same calibre of player as your Aguero's, Kane's, Aubamayang etc. Of this world.

He's french and we have 2 French international players in the squad, he wouldn't have to relocate and he'll play week in week out for a good PL side aiming to compete with the top 6.

Utd will also likely refuse to do business with other top 6 rivals so he either stays at Utd or moves abroad and no one knows if he wants to leave english football or not.

If he turns us down fair enough but atleast bloody try and show some ambition! Im glad Brands isnt as small time as some on here or Mina and Bernard would not be here as he would have never bothered trying since CL clubs were sniffing around them.

They have just offered him a new 160k a week deal so he'll definitely be on less than what probably some of our top earners are on.

Some of our fans need to have a word with themselves, they moan the club have no ambition, they moan the players have a defeatist mentality yet all our fanbase do is talk us down. Martial has had a good 5-6 games but prior to that he's been a squad player at Utd and is nowhere near the same calibre of player as your Aguero's, Kane's, Aubamayang etc. Of this world.

He's french and we have 2 French international players in the squad, he wouldn't have to relocate and he'll play week in week out for a good PL side aiming to compete with the top 6.

Utd will also likely refuse to do business with other top 6 rivals so he either stays at Utd or moves abroad and no one knows if he wants to leave english football or not.

If he turns us down fair enough but atleast bloody try and show some ambition! Im glad Brands isnt as small time as some on here or Mina and Bernard would never be here since CL clubs were sniffing around them.

It’s not talking down mate it’s called realism.

we can’t sign the best players from top clubs, we need to focus on getting there before the top clubs and signing emerging talents from smaller clubs (Lozano from PSV, for example)

It’s not talking down mate it’s called realism.

I agree its a long shot however who would have honestly said we would have nabbed the likes of Mina, Digne and Bernard mate?

Sometimes players get a feel for a club and if the big money is offered to said player and agent to back it up you have a shot.

I bet Bernard had better offers but I doubt not many offered 150k a week like we did. If he wants out of Utd and we offer the most cash we have a chance.

If he says no fair enough Brands moves on but a club in our position has to atleast ask the question otherwise you may aswell have done with it and over pay for Arnautovic or Callum Wilson.

I reckon the same people who think Zaha is good probably thought Bolasie was boss for Palace.

Honestly lads hes utter Mirallas.

Absolute nonesene. Zaha was better then and has improved far more than Yannick in that time (injury didn't help I am sure).

The long and short of it is this, Zaha is currently a far better premier league player than Bernard and that is the position we were discussing.

Time will tell who offers the most overall this season, I have a bad feeling it will be the Palace man.

I agree its a long shot however who would have honestly said we would have nabbed the likes of Mina, Digne and Bernard mate?

Sometimes players get a feel for a club and if the big money is offered to said player and agent to back it up you have a shot.

I bet Bernard had better offers but I doubt not many offered 150k a week like we did. If he wants out of Utd and we offer the most cash we have a chance.

If he says no fair enough Brands moves on but a club in our position has to atleast ask the question otherwise you may aswell have done with it and over pay for Arnautovic or Callum Wilson.

But the difference is mina and digne weren't first teamers and Bernard wanted a new league/challenge

Martial is United's best player and playing in the champions league. Got zero chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back