Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Martial and Icardi are not on the same level.

I repest myself what was Martial doing prior to 5 or so games ago mate? Half of the time he was sat on the bench with the tag of being an expensive flop. He's scored a few goals recently and suddenly he's up there with Aguero.

I would be shocked if Utd sell to any top 6 side in the league and im shocked if any elite club like PSG, Juventus, Real, Barca make a move as they already have better attacking players.

That leaves those clubs above us but not massively like Dortmund, Ac Milan, RB Leipzig, Lyon etc. But can they offer bigger money than us? Can they offer bigger wages or agent fees? Could Silva persuade him to join? Does Martial even want to leave the prem?

Too many if's and buts to simply say we have no chance on a potential deal for me mate. Unlikely? Yes but impossible? No he's not Lionel Messi.

I wouldn’t be surprised if juve, real and PSG wanted him if he came available. There’d also be premiership clubs playing champions league football after him.

It’s all well and good saying that Utd could refuse to do business with x, y and z but in reality when does that ever happen? The players hold the power these days plus he’s currently in the starting 11 of a much bigger club than we are so why would he even want to move?

Zara is quality. Players cant get the ball of him. He so strong and will get more space with better players around him but his fee will be to high so it a no for me.

But the difference is mina and digne weren't first teamers and Bernard wanted a new league/challenge

Martial is United's best player and playing in the champions league. Got zero chance

Martial isn't their best player and not one united fan would say he was, they'd all rate both Degea and Pigba way ahead of him easily.

He wasn't even in the starting 11 at the starting the season, something like one start the first seven games.

Martial is a player who when talked about it's still very much in the potential for him to be this or that - much like we used to talk about Barkley.

A talented player, but in 4/5 years at united under 3? Different managers, he's never permanently nailed down a starting place, never mind a starting place in the role he actually wants up top.

He's actually firmly in the category of player we could aim to sign on what the lads achieved in the game and he's so far played at.

Worth a try when you've heard players like Digne, Bernard and Mina all praise Silva in talking them into coming aboard - providing we offer a big wage you never know.
No mate

All of the above will jump at the chance go move to city , united Chelsea or abroad .

They are here to get themselves in the shop window for the money club's. They don't swap Barca for Everton for any other reasons , money included considering they could get more going to China if they were financially motivated.

I have no doubt these types of players will leave us at the first mention of the champions League. The marker is where are we as a team when they do leave, because better players has to result in a better league placing making it easier to replace them when the time comes

Martial shouts are so tiring. He’s United’s best player and could play for any club in Europe he wanted. He’s not going to come to Everton and even if he did he plays exactly the same type of role as Richarlison does as he’s not even a proper striker either.

Only he's not their best, and couldn't play for anyone mate, the lads not even a guaranteed starter for a piss poor united side, and if it wasn't for Sanchez form going on s cliff he'd be welded to the United bench.

He's not start ahead of Mane, Sane/Sterling, Ericksen or Hazard, all whom play that left side position he does, he'd be a squad player for each.

I agree its a long shot however who would have honestly said we would have nabbed the likes of Mina, Digne and Bernard mate?

Sometimes players get a feel for a club and if the big money is offered to said player and agent to back it up you have a shot.

I bet Bernard had better offers but I doubt not many offered 150k a week like we did. If he wants out of Utd and we offer the most cash we have a chance.

If he says no fair enough Brands moves on but a club in our position has to atleast ask the question otherwise you may aswell have done with it and over pay for Arnautovic or Callum Wilson.

You're off with the fairies if you think we have a chance of getting Martial.

Only he's not their best, and couldn't play for anyone mate, the lads not even a guaranteed starter for a piss poor united side, and if it wasn't for Sanchez form going on s cliff he'd be welded to the United bench.

He's not start ahead of Mane, Sane/Sterling, Ericksen or Hazard, all whom play that left side position he does, he'd be a squad player for each.

You have people moaning at the suggestion Brands and Silva try for these types of players yet I guarantee fans will moan if we lodge a bid in for Callum Wilson "dat mosh az no money" "eez a fraud dat dutch schteve walsh is" you can't win pal.

Bernard, Digne and Mina all came to us from CL clubs and Bernard at the minimum had offers from other CL clubs- yet we haven't a chance of signing a bloke who apart from the last couple of games has done diddly squat at Utd...

You have people moaning at the suggestion Brands and Silva try for these types of players yet I guarantee fans will moan if we lodge a bid in for Callum Wilson "dat mosh az no money" "eez a fraud dat dutch schteve walsh is" you can't win pal.

Bernard, Digne and Mina all came to us from CL clubs and Bernard at the minimum had offers from other CL clubs- yet we haven't a chance of signing a bloke who apart from the last couple of games has done diddly squat at Utd...

Don't think the lad has even made a French squad for 2+ years.

Talented yup, still the potential to become a special player, yup but that times running out as he's already 23 and eventually talk about potential becomes past tense with every player.

At the right price a huge number of clubs would have interest, but a lot of those would see him as a squad player, pretty much all other of the to six in this country I'd be surprised if he walked into the starting 11 for any, that "right price" I can guarantee is not in the same stratosphere as what united or the British media bandy around as his worth either. No Italian club is stumping up 40-50+m for him, neither are either Spanish club who could afford that, which basically leaves psg, and unless neymar or mbappe both leave then where's the lad gonna play in that side?

Hey! I like Callum Wilson ffs!

But yes you are right. It’s very very rare that everyone will agree on a signing.

I could see Walcott moving to Southampton in January mainly due to family reasons rather then playing.

He seems settled in the squad but form of late has dipped but I think he is very much a Southern lad with a young family and may want their families around.

I could see Walcott moving to Southampton in January mainly due to family reasons rather then playing.

He seems settled in the squad but form of late has dipped but I think he is very much a Southern lad with a young family and may want their families around.
Southampton aren't known for their spending, instead they like to sell, so with nigh on £60m on dross in the summer, I can't see them forking out for Theo.

Especially as he's on a big wages here, so they'd have to cover the fee and a sizeable contract.

Martial is miles better than Mane, Sane and Eriksen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back