Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont think Brands would blow 60+ million on Zaha. Thats a Walsh/Koeman move if I ever saw one.

Nor me. If Palace play it well, he could keep them in milk for years. Sell for £60m, buy back for peanuts when it dosent work out, sell for £80m, buy back for peanuts when it doesnt work out.

He is more than happy being key for Palace. Any move up, and he crumbles. Same with his international choice; took the easy option.

But the difference is mina and digne weren't first teamers and Bernard wanted a new league/challenge

Martial is United's best player and playing in the champions league. Got zero chance

Martial is United's best player since 5 games ago mate, before then he was barely getting game time or if he was it was out of position.

As I said football is more complicated than a simple "he would never go to 'x,y, z' he would only go to 'a, b, c'

Its like when fans of clubs like Palace, Swansea, Watford etc come out with stuff like "why would Wan Bissaka, Siggurdsson, Pickford, Richarlison go to Everton they'll only leave to a top 6 club" no one knows what a player will or will not agree to.

Aguero, Kane, Salah, Aubaymang, Lacazette, Jesus, Morata, Sanchez - those "elite" level players are obviously out of our league unless we offered a blank cheque to them ala Man City under the Shiekhs however players like Martial are not completely out of our reach - Say Martial wants to leave and the following scenario happens:

1. Utd blankly refuse to sell to a top 6 side

2. A Dortmund/ AC Milan type club offer 120k a week to sign him

3. Everton offer 170k a week

Who's to say him and his agent dont see ££££ signs in their eyes and take the Everton move?

They have just offered him a new 160k a week deal so he'll definitely be on less than what probably some of our top earners are on.

Some of our fans need to have a word with themselves, they moan the club have no ambition, they moan the players have a defeatist mentality yet all our fanbase do is talk us down. Martial has had a good 5-6 games but prior to that he's been a squad player at Utd and is nowhere near the same calibre of player as your Aguero's, Kane's, Aubamayang etc. Of this world.

He's french and we have 2 French international players in the squad, he wouldn't have to relocate and he'll play week in week out for a good PL side aiming to compete with the top 6.

Utd will also likely refuse to do business with other top 6 rivals so he either stays at Utd or moves abroad and no one knows if he wants to leave english football or not.

If he turns us down fair enough but atleast bloody try and show some ambition! Im glad Brands isnt as small time as some on here or Mina and Bernard would not be here as he would have never bothered trying since CL clubs were sniffing around them.

Just because some of us realise we have zero chance of signing Martial that doesn’t mean we lack ambition. I’d like us to sign Icardi. I don’t post about it because its unrealistic that we can sign him.

Nor me. If Palace play it well, he could keep them in milk for years. Sell for £60m, buy back for peanuts when it dosent work out, sell for £80m, buy back for peanuts when it doesnt work out.

He is more than happy being key for Palace. Any move up, and he crumbles. Same with his international choice; took the easy option.
I like you Roy but this is bollocks

You're talking like he's had multiple big move flops. He's moved once, when he was very young, to the worst Utd team in memory, slap bang in the middle of the post-SAF transition. Moyes is bad with playing youth at the best of times, can you imagine what he'd be like when he was desperate for points and to keep his job? He was never gonna risk Zaha

Most players in that situation end up staying too long happy to be at a big club picking up a nice wedge playing in the reserves (Scott Sinclair around about the same time)

He bounced back to Palace as soon as he could to continue his development, which is why we're now seeing a top player

I like you Roy but this is a pile of absolute bollocks

You're talking like he's had multiple big move flops. He's moved once, when he was very young, to the worst Utd team in memory, slap bang in the middle of the post-SAF transition. Moyes is bad with playing youth at the best of times, can you imagine what he'd be like when he was desperate for points and to keep his job? He was never gonna risk Zaha

Most players in that situation end up staying too long happy to be at a big club picking up a nice wedge playing in the reserves (Scott Sinclair around about the same time)

He bounced back to Palace as soon as he could to continue his development, which is why we're now seeing a top player

Lets see. I reckon he likes being the saviour at Palace, but think he lacks the stones to cut it at a big club.

I would like to see our scouts check on the Man.City. target and our namesake Everton Sousa Soares, no offer yet made for him and from what I have read about him he looks to be a very good striker. No harm in having a look.

Looks brilliant on YouTube (I know, I know!). But similar to Richarlison as he comes out to the left and dribbles at pace. Possibly slightly quicker but less powerful than Richarlison.

Just because some of us realise we have zero chance of signing Martial that doesn’t mean we lack ambition. I’d like us to sign Icardi. I don’t post about it because its unrealistic that we can sign him.

But Martial and Icardi are not on the same level.

I repest myself what was Martial doing prior to 5 or so games ago mate? Half of the time he was sat on the bench with the tag of being an expensive flop. He's scored a few goals recently and suddenly he's up there with Aguero.

I would be shocked if Utd sell to any top 6 side in the league and im shocked if any elite club like PSG, Juventus, Real, Barca make a move as they already have better attacking players.

That leaves those clubs above us but not massively like Dortmund, Ac Milan, RB Leipzig, Lyon etc. But can they offer bigger money than us? Can they offer bigger wages or agent fees? Could Silva persuade him to join? Does Martial even want to leave the prem?

Too many if's and buts to simply say we have no chance on a potential deal for me mate. Unlikely? Yes but impossible? No he's not Lionel Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back