Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 22 and played 150 games for United, contributing a goal or assist virtually every other game. I'm a fan of Barkley but to try and compare the two is absolutely ridiculous. Martial is a potential superstar, playing under Mourinho doesn't suit him and he doesn't seem to like it, but if he was available the superpowers would be in for him and he would have no chance.

Mate, he's 23 in about two weeks time, been playing first team footy since 17/18, and been talked about now for nearly four years as a potential superstar, at what point does it just become talk, does he actually look any improved as a player than the one who arrived 3/4 years ago at united?

You say the superpowers would be after him, where is he playing for these teams as frankly every one I can think of has better, more consistent and more proven already in that position on the left, as a striker his goal rates been something like 1:4 when played there so frankly crap.

He's nearly 23 and can't get a sniff in at that French side either.

Mate, he's 23 in about two weeks time, been playing first team footy since 17/18, and been talked about now for nearly four years as a potential superstar, at what point does it just become talk, does he actually look any improved as a player than the one who arrived 3/4 years ago at united?

You say the superpowers would be after him, where is he playing for these teams as frankly every one I can think of has better, more consistent and more proven already in that position on the left, as a striker his goal rates been something like 1:4 when played there so frankly crap.

He's nearly 23 and can't get a sniff in at that French side either.
There are different levels of 'potential' though, He's already massively exceeded what we would call potential for most players, i'm saying I think he could go on and do more. I know you think Lozano is a potential superstar and yet he's older and playing in a dutch league that Davy Klaassen tore up, but you're scoffing at the idea that Martial could do it? It makes no sense, unless you use the idea that he can't get picked ahead of Mbappe as a barometer of how good a player is, which appears to be what you're doing.

Anyway, this is the transfer thread and there is not a chance in hell that Anthony Martial will be moving here anytime soon, so i'll leave it there.

Anyone who's seen them both play

I've seen them both play.

It's not a given for me.

Has Loftus-Cheek even started a league game this season?

I get Davies is the new whipping boy for the Everton boo boys but Loftus-Cheek has a few years on Davies and you have to wonder why he's struggling to make Chelsea's squad.

He has all the hallmarks of English bit-part players at London clubs, Townsend, Chamberlain etc

His passing completion

When?

I bet his passing completion at Crystal Palace is similar to Davies at Everton.

In a transitional season, I'd sooner have permanent players than those on loan. I made the same point/argument on here the other month about preferring Keane an Mina over Zouma because he's on loan.

I've seen them both play.

It's not a given for me.

Has Loftus-Cheek even started a league game this season?

I get Davies is the new whipping boy for the Everton boo boys but Loftus-Cheek has a few years on Davies and you have to wonder why he's struggling to make Chelsea's squad.

He has all the hallmarks of English bit-part players at London clubs, Townsend, Chamberlain etc

When?

I bet his passing completion at Crystal Palace is similar to Davies at Everton.

In a transitional season, I'd sooner have permanent players than those on loan. I made the same point/argument on here the other month about preferring Keane an Mina over Zouma because he's on loan.

Fine, but if either player cost us points (which had been likely in Keanes case until recently) and we missed out on Europe/ cup run etc, is it still better to have played our own player through sentiment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back