Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, but if either player cost us points (which had been likely in Keanes case until recently) and we missed out on Europe/ cup run etc, is it still better to have played our own player through sentiment?
So you think Loftus Cheek is gonna swap being on the bench for Chelsea for being on the bench for Everton? Loftus Cheek on loan is absolutely pointless and would only hinder Davies' progression and us in the long run as we'd be signing a soon to be journey man as a stop gap for no reason whatsoever. As has been mentioned he is worse than the first team and slightly better than Davies, who really should be considering he's 2 and a half years his senior.

[QUOTE="Parker NSNO, post: 6671524, member: 37302"]So you think Loftus Cheek is gonna swap being on the bench for Chelsea for being on the bench for Everton? Loftus Cheek on loan is absolutely pointless and would only hinder Davies' progression and us in the long run as we'd be signing a soon to be journey man as a stop gap for no reason whatsoever. As has been mentioned he is worse than the first team and slightly better than Davies, who really should be considering he's 2 and a half years his senior.[/QUOTE]

Where did I say that? Also, look up "devils advocate" Ta.
We were talking about the situation of Gomes getting injured and having to rely on Davies. Do we want the better player or Davies to come on in his place.

I've seen them both play.

It's not a given for me.

Has Loftus-Cheek even started a league game this season?

I get Davies is the new whipping boy for the Everton boo boys but Loftus-Cheek has a few years on Davies and you have to wonder why he's struggling to make Chelsea's squad.

He has all the hallmarks of English bit-part players at London clubs, Townsend, Chamberlain etc

When?

I bet his passing completion at Crystal Palace is similar to Davies at Everton.

In a transitional season, I'd sooner have permanent players than those on loan. I made the same point/argument on here the other month about preferring Keane an Mina over Zouma because he's on loan.
It's not even close

[QUOTE="Parker NSNO, post: 6671524, member: 37302"]So you think Loftus Cheek is gonna swap being on the bench for Chelsea for being on the bench for Everton? Loftus Cheek on loan is absolutely pointless and would only hinder Davies' progression and us in the long run as we'd be signing a soon to be journey man as a stop gap for no reason whatsoever. As has been mentioned he is worse than the first team and slightly better than Davies, who really should be considering he's 2 and a half years his senior.
Where did I say that? Also, look up "devils advocate" Ta.
We were talking about the situation of Gomes getting injured and having to rely on Davies. Do we want the better player or Davies to come on in his place.
I'm aware of Devils advocate. But I just took this as an opportunity to rip on a young player and hypothetically block his route to the first team with a player who is of no significant improvement and will not sign for us at a later date. Loftus Cheek is better as a 10 than a box to box anyway imo so they don't even play the same role. I'd be fine with a Davies-Gana partnership if Gomes got injured personally. Temporarily of course.

I'm aware of Devils advocate. But I just took this as an opportunity to rip on a young player and hypothetically block his route to the first team with a player who is of no significant improvement and will not sign for us at a later date. Loftus Cheek is better as a 10 than a box to box imo so they don't even play the same role. I'd be fine with a Davies-Gana partnership if Gomes got injured personally. Temporarily of course.

Cool!

The thing for me is not to turn down good loanees just because we have our own players. Lukaku sticks in mind Kevin Campbell too. I actually like Davies and agree with what you say about their better suited roles but, it is just the rigid "no" to loaning players I question. We'd have been in big trouble in the past without them!

Cool!

The thing for me is not to turn down good loanees just because we have our own players. Lukaku sticks in mind Kevin Campbell too. I actually like Davies and agree with what you say about their better suited roles but, it is just the rigid "no" to loaning players I question. We'd have been in big trouble in the past without them!
Yeah, no problem with the loans but I feel they could be utilised in better areas as we are good in the centre of midfield. If we did loan someone there I'd like him to be more Gomes than what RLC is.

Plus I want our 3rd loan signing to be Gabigol.

Southampton aren't known for their spending, instead they like to sell, so with nigh on £60m on dross in the summer, I can't see them forking out for Theo.

Especially as he's on a big wages here, so they'd have to cover the fee and a sizeable contract.

Southampton need goals and attackers. Hughes will be gone by the end of December and if £10m comes in, he will be as good as gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back