Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we are not thinking of signing Soares from Southampton for the reported £15 fee. Used to think he was ok. But reading Southampton fans responses to his performances, most would happily drive him here themselves. Plus their manager apparently isn't convinced, wanting Bertrand to return after injury in his place.

Why do we do this to ourselves...the warning signs are there for all to see?

Hopefully just a bored journalist!

I really hope we are not thinking of signing Soares from Southampton for the reported £15 fee. Used to think he was ok. But reading Southampton fans responses to his performances, most would happily drive him here themselves. Plus their manager apparently isn't convinced, wanting Bertrand to return after injury in his place.

I think it is based on Silva saying we won't sign anyone in this window.

You say their work, but I'm not convinced that Silva had any say, other than on Richarlison who we paid a fortune for.

I'm personally not bothered who is signing the players, in fact I'll be even happier if it's Brands as he is the man who will decide if Silva is good enough so if he's good identifying players, I'd like to think he is with managers.

I like a lot of what silva has done with the team as well. We all know results aren't quite good enough at the moment but we're only 3 points off what would be acceptable this season however I think he's made big changes playing style wise and in time things will improve.

I like a lot of what both Brands and Silva have done collectively.

I'm personally not bothered who is signing the players, in fact I'll be even happier if it's Brands as he is the man who will decide if Silva is good enough so if he's good identifying players, I'd like to think he is with managers.

I like a lot of what silva has done with the team as well. We all know results aren't quite good enough at the moment but we're only 3 points off what would be acceptable this season however I think he's made big changes playing style wise and in time things will improve.

Not convinced defensively myself.

This really

Silva shouldn't be under as much pressure as the media are making out. Moshiri's comments at the agm are being taken out of context. 11th isn't good enough but that wasn't directed at Silva per say. The club has been a shambles at times in the last 2 years. It'll take at least a season or two to sort out the squad.

Personally I think its come from City wanting to sign Everton Soares. People see the names together and make immediate link. Tenuous I know but might be summat in it.

This really

Silva shouldn't be under as much pressure as the media are making out. Moshiri's comments at the agm are being taken out of context. 11th isn't good enough but that wasn't directed at Silva per say. The club has been a shambles at times in the last 2 years. It'll take at least a season or two to sort out the squad.
Well I'm behind Silva but he definitely should be under pressure. Maybe not for his job, yet, but 2 wins in 10 is abysmal and we aren't playing with any semblance of identity at the moment.

I wouldn't say it's the media putting him under any extra scrutiny, tbh. Our performance on Saturday was garbage and he needs to improve.

Well I'm behind Silva but he definitely should be under pressure. Maybe not for his job, yet, but 2 wins in 10 is abysmal and we aren't playing with any semblance of identity at the moment.

I wouldn't say it's the media putting him under any extra scrutiny, tbh. Our performance on Saturday was garbage and he needs to improve.
I think that is a fair comment, he is the manager and if results and performances are poor then his role in that must be questioned.

I think Silva seems to have a large squad at his disposal but is relying on a small group within that large squad. He is basically rotating between probably no more than 14 players in total and some of these really have questions to answer about their performances yet they are played nearly every week , I feel they may not be under enough pressure to perform as they are secure in their positions.

I don't really understand why James McCarthy has not been given some minutes from the bench as he is fit to play and is a defensive midfielder which is a problem area at the moment.
Even Morgan Schneiderlin may have something to contribute, he is available and is getting well paid every week.

I know the manager wants to bring in his own players, but that is in the future and he has a problem at the moment with players in his team every week.

I think that is a fair comment, he is the manager and if results and performances are poor then his role in that must be questioned.

I think Silva seems to have a large squad at his disposal but is relying on a small group within that large squad. He is basically rotating between probably no more than 14 players in total and some of these really have questions to answer about their performances yet they are played nearly every week , I feel they may not be under enough pressure to perform as they are secure in their positions.

I don't really understand why James McCarthy has not been given some minutes from the bench as he is fit to play and is a defensive midfielder which is a problem area at the moment.
Even Morgan Schneiderlin may have something to contribute, he is available and is getting well paid every week.

I know the manager wants to bring in his own players, but that is in the future and he has a problem at the moment with players in his team every week.

Yeah, if we're looking for bog cleaners.

8 points out of a possible 30 tells me it’s right that he’s under pressure.

Resources at his fingertips and not producing results against utter dross opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back