Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be coming in as cover for Gana or Gomes you would imagine which is why the story doesn't seem plausible imo.

Only 2 possible scenarios at work here:

1. Its the club trying to push Gomes on making a decision to stay in fear of us looking elswhere

2. We want an upgrade on Gana in terms of Silva's style and he'll either drop to the bench or possibly move away to someone like PSG.
Well as rich as we are ( or is it skint , I can’t remember ) we ain’t spending 40 m on cover/ back up players , just yet

If and I say IF we were to sign Ndombele in Jan or even next summer , who’s position would he take/ be competing for

Gana.

If we want CL and to regularly challenge for trophies at the business end of competitions, we need 2 top class players for every position.

In a season devoide of Europe and an early exit from the LC, it hasn't been as pressing.

Davies is our only back up who can play the system and he is raw still. Schniederlin and McCarthy are not good enough sadly.

Alan Nixon reckons Villa will Sign Heaton from Burnley in January.

Would like us to go for one of Burnleys keepers as Stek is shocking backup for Pickford.

Heaten or Pope and I would be very happy.
We need a back up more then anything right now, when Pickford was down for a minute on Saturday, anyone who didnt think season over is deluded

I've heard enganche used outside of footy manager, that's it.

Sandro Wagner seems like is available and would be interesting, but doesn't seem like a Brand buy.

Watching Lyon and while Ndombele lacks polish and isn't a finished product, his talent is undeniable. So explosive, runs with the ball with crazy pace, definitely reminds me a bit of Doucoure, but could be better.

Figured I would quote myself.

Half the time I think these journos just read the forum and make stuff up.

I think Ndombele would be more of an 8 or could also play next to Gana similar to how Capoue and Doucoure played at Watford. He'd replace Gomes in our current iteration, but he could also replace Gana. His upside is considerable - he does really remind me of Doucoure, but more explosive, younger. His athleticism is off the charts, though. He could seriously be world class, but he's not there yet. If we could dump McCarthy and Morgan - replacing those guys with this kid would be just an off the charts upgrade.

Figured I would quote myself.

Half the time I think these journos just read the forum and make stuff up.

I think Ndombele would be more of an 8 or could also play next to Gana similar to how Capoue and Doucoure played at Watford. He'd replace Gomes in our current iteration, but he could also replace Gana. His upside is considerable - he does really remind me of Doucoure, but more explosive, younger. His athleticism is off the charts, though. He could seriously be world class, but he's not there yet. If we could dump McCarthy and Morgan - replacing those guys with this kid would be just an off the charts upgrade.
With brands at the helm with transfers you wouldn’t put it past him. The business conducted for Digne, Mina, Bernard and Gomes and to some degree Richarlison (when you think of where he come from) was nothing short of pure genius. He has given us hope and belief in Everton again and long may it continue.

If we sign this lad and a world class striker and even retain zoooooms and Gomes and rid of the last of the deadwood he will become a legend

With brands at the helm with transfers you wouldn’t put it past him. The business conducted for Digne, Mina, Bernard and Gomes and to some degree Richarlison (when you think of where he come from) was nothing short of pure genius. He has given us hope and belief in Everton again and long may it continue.

If we sign this lad and a world class striker and even retain zoooooms and Gomes and rid of the last of the deadwood he will become a legend
As I said earlier if we sell ourselves a the next step on the ladder for Lozano Nbombele Etc with more or less guaranteed gametime then we could be onto something
Plan being that we make that next step up before they move on and it’s only the very elite clubs that could take our players

As I said earlier if we sell ourselves a the next step on the ladder for Lozano Nbombele Etc with more or less guaranteed gametime then we could be onto something
Plan being that we make that next step up before they move on and it’s only the very elite clubs that could take our players
Exactly we have the financial backing from Moshiri and whoever else behind the scenes (yes a certain mr Usmanov) we can sign these players and if we come to sell them make huge profits.

I trust brands to secure players on actual value instead of thinking let’s spend 50m on every single player we can do. If we can get the above named then we are securing next level players who can propel us up the league

Exactly we have the financial backing from Moshiri and whoever else behind the scenes (yes a certain mr Usmanov) we can sign these players and if we come to sell them make huge profits.

I trust brands to secure players on actual value instead of thinking let’s spend 50m on every single player we can do. If we can get the above named then we are securing next level players who can propel us up the league

Not sure where lads are pulling their financial figures from, I think the latest books (last year to May) will show a loss of just under 15 mill and the current year ( to May 19) probaly about 45 mill. Give or take, but ball park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back