Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where lads are pulling their financial figures from, I think the latest books (last year to May) will show a loss of just under 15 mill and the current year ( to May 19) probaly about 45 mill.
That doesn’t say we don’t have money though that just says that recruitment was cack in the last regime and we have had to sell players at a loss or loan them out and still pay wages

Not sure where lads are pulling their financial figures from, I think the latest books (last year to May) will show a loss of just under 15 mill and the current year ( to May 19) probaly about 45 mill. Give or take, but ball park.

With respect mate you are pulling those figures directly from your anus.

I mean how you can project figures 6months into the future only highlights that.

And we still havent seen "last years" accounts.

Just saying.

That doesn’t say we don’t have money though that just says that recruitment was cack in the last regime and we have had to sell players at a loss or loan them out and still pay wages

We don’t need books to tell us that. I actually think people are harsh on the recruitment, from a financial,point of view, Pickford, Keane, Gueye, Keane Sigurrdson, Lookman and Vlasic, all look pretty good investments. You only need one or two to double their value to make the whole thing worthwhile, downside is you have to sell them.

As for having money the whole thing is a moving target, our spending last summer can still be mitigated by outgoing in Jan, so over to Brands that 45 mill figure could come down.

I think we made a loss myself of 15 mill from May 16/17 which is what we will see shortly in the accounts.

Last edited:
We don’t need books to tell us that. I actually think people are harsh on the recruitment, from a financial,point of view, Pickford, Keane, Gueye, Keane Sigurrdson, Lookman and Vlasic, all look pretty good investments. You only need one or two to double there value to make the whole thing worthwhile, downside is you have to sell them.

As for having money the whole thing is a moving target, or spending last summer can still be mitigated by outgoing in Jan, so over to Brands that 45 mill figure could come down.

I think we made a loss myself of 15 mill from May 16/17 which is what we will see shortly in the accounts.
Brands will sort it out the man is a genius

ndombele would give us a lot more versatility in our midfield. from the limited times i've seen him play for lyon he definitely seems like more of creative box-to-box player than a ball winner like gana. we could either rotate him and gomes (if we buy both of them) or sigurdsson, perhaps reverting to a 4-3-3 with gana, gomes and ndombele in the middle, with gomes playing furthest foward. it would be an ambitious signing (and arguably a lateral/downwards move for the player, considering lyon play in the champions league every season and have a particularly good squad these days), and if bigger clubs are in for him, i can't see him moving here tbh. can't hurt trying though !

With respect mate you are pulling those figures directly from your anus.

I mean how you can project figures 6months into the future only highlights that.

And we still havent seen "last years" accounts.

Just saying.

Yep, their all my opinion and projections after analyzing it a bit and they are ball park, I can see them altering give five million or so.

I’d be as happy as anyone if I was wrong.

Yeah like I said, May 17/18 this month will be published this month I think we are at a loss of about 15 mill 18/19 is still a moving target so the 45 mill figure can change depending on Jan.

To be honest, everyone is guessing, I’d acknowledge the above is my own analysis.

Ha ha, still think it’s a glorified loan to be honest.
Enjoy him then because we still make double back on the deal which is good business. An although I hate the RS but the business they did with Barca if true is quality having to put 89m on top of any future signings for 3 years

Enjoy him then because we still make double back on the deal which is good business. An although I hate the RS but the business they did with Barca if true is quality having to put 89m on top of any future signings for 3 years

To have his services for a couple of years and break even is a good deal rightly.

To have his services for a couple of years and break even is a good deal rightly.
Let’s hope he has a stinker of a season before they attempt it to put them off then resume normal position. He should have one bad game and spend the rest with the under 23s all planned in advance so he can’t lose his position in the Columbia team WIN WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back