Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

From reading about him I thought he was gonna be great for us, I honestly didnt expect the 100% record of signing utter bangers like, the man honestly walks on water.
it was that interview with the PSV chairman about him that had me buzzing, it also gave me a bit of faith that moshiri is for real as well otherwise Brands wouldn't have come. from what the PSV fella was saying loads of clubs have come in for brands, but if they won't put in place exactly what he wants he just says no ta

About as unrealistic as us having Brazil’s number 9 and signing 3 players from Barca mate
Thing is this fella has bigger clubs looking at him now, forget Spurs tho, cant see them spending the money at the mo, least if they do we can bump the price up at least

From what I’ve reason here we’re selling Schneiderlin, McCarthy and niasse in jan to fund a deal for Ndombele.

We’re also selling Schneiderlin, McCarthy and niasse in jan to fund a deal for Lozano.

and we’re selling selling Schneiderlin, McCarthy and niasse in jan to fund a deal to sign Gomes permanently.

Oh, a new striker too!!!

Gomes, Lozano and ndombele are all top quality and their values are only likely to increase if we got them but I can’t see where the money can come from (aside from all of the champions league money we’d be raking in every year).

Add in fees to be found for Hazard Jnr, zouma, a new right back and a shiny new striker on top.

From what I’ve reason here we’re selling Schneiderlin, McCarthy and niasse in jan to fund a deal for Ndombele.

We’re also selling Schneiderlin, McCarthy and niasse in jan to fund a deal for Lozano.

and we’re selling selling Schneiderlin, McCarthy and niasse in jan to fund a deal to sign Gomes permanently.

Oh, a new striker too!!!

Gomes, Lozano and ndombele are all top quality and their values are only likely to increase if we got them but I can’t see where the money can come from (aside from all of the champions league money we’d be raking in every year).

Add in fees to be found for Hazard Jnr, zouma, a new right back and a shiny new striker on top.
Ali has this covered lad
Mail.ru billboards being printed for Goodison as I type

Well as rich as we are ( or is it skint , I can’t remember ) we ain’t spending 40 m on cover/ back up players , just yet

Interesting thing though, a good few times in the past we've had a side close to being able to genuinely crack the top teams cartel, two things stopped it - not strengthening when we where in that position, and the failure to have any long term strategy to replace key players when they start declining, meaning we end up fire fighting when it happens as we have no one to step into the role.

If brands is what he's appearing to be, a very good long term planning dof, then after fixing the starting 11 - which by and large he's nearly managed to do already, the aim then has to be forward thinking for replacing the weaker players and for the scenario that certain players start to decline, namely those nearing their 30s.

Especially when we have no like for like competent backup for that player, so Gueye is the obvious candidate for needing to ensure we bring in a very capable backup/replacement over the coming few windows.

Interesting thing though, a good few times in the past we've had a side close to being able to genuinely crack the top teams cartel, two things stopped it - not strengthening when we where in that position, and the failure to have any long term strategy to replace key players when they start declining, meaning we end up fire fighting when it happens as we have no one to step into the role.

If brands is what he's appearing to be, a very good long term planning dof, then after fixing the starting 11 - which by and large he's nearly managed to do already, the aim then has to be forward thinking for replacing the weaker players and for the scenario that certain players start to decline, namely those nearing their 30s.

Especially when we have no like for like competent backup for that player, so Gueye is the obvious candidate for needing to ensure we bring in a very capable backup/replacement over the coming few windows.
As much as I love him I think you can add Coleman to that list
I still think if you’re spending 40 m it should be on a starter and the present incumbent becomes the cover player

With brands at the helm with transfers you wouldn’t put it past him. The business conducted for Digne, Mina, Bernard and Gomes and to some degree Richarlison (when you think of where he come from) was nothing short of pure genius. He has given us hope and belief in Everton again and long may it continue.

If we sign this lad and a world class striker and even retain zoooooms and Gomes and rid of the last of the deadwood he will become a legend

Players to some degree and their agents to a much greater degree aren't entirely stupid, they will see the huge upturn in players careers signed by brands and see the opportunity it presents to their clients.

Gomes - recalled to national team and a saving of a career that looked all but over after that Barca move.
Richarlison - playing now for national team and one of the most talked about young players in the game now.
Zouma, Digne, Mina - all seen a big upturn on how they are playing since arriving.
Keane - same as Gomes, coach practically saved the lads career which looked finished at any top level after last year's horror show - now back in the national side.

Players who've had a bad big move, and those who are trying to decide on that step up move from a weaker league, we've now put ourselves firmly on the list of good choice for their careers.

From reading about him I thought he was gonna be great for us, I honestly didnt expect the 100% record of signing utter bangers like, the man honestly walks on water.

The incoming business has been Twilight zone levels of unreal.

Big ask, but if the next 4-5 signings he makes all work to the same level of success, then that's how you break into that cartel at the top like spurs did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back