Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont go with the waffle about the market & conditions being right.
We need a striker ( a fulcrum if you like) We are over halfway through the season and still trying different forwards week by week when none actually work.
If you have the money , which I firmly believe we do you go and buy one.
It really is that simple like anything in life it you want something badly enough you go and pay for it. ( we want & need it badly)
Theres a whole world of strikers out there , as they say "if this iranian has got the cash"

We still have to respect the FFP/STCC rules though. Wages are a big problem for us at the minute.

Gana’s passes were 10yards at most. If you can’t make that pass 9/10 times as a professional you don’t deserve the title and 4 of Southmptons most dangerous counters started because Gana was out of position or came flying out and was easily passed around. You can site stats all you want but he has no impact in the attack and isn’t a stay home def mid which Gomes desperately needs.
No mate dont blame Gana for the goals.
Both were from us wasting possession in the middle of the pitch while you could tarmac a motorway between our centre backs .
Dont give the ball away , them goals dont happen.

Pretty sure that’s how all business models work that have a DoF

As far as I’m aware, when looking into how foreign DoF’s work - especially the more vocal like Monchi - it should go something like this:

- DoF decides the style of play the club should play from top to bottom
- DoF finds a coach (manager) that can utilise that style, improve players, promote youngsters etc.
- DoF compiles lists of targets to fill each position outlined in previously confirmed style of play
- DoF signs said players
- Coach (manager) trains players, picks team, tries to win match

There’s obviously going to be some input by the coach (manager) into who is signed but not a lot.

I could have it completely wrong but that’s the way it looks to work in Europe.

I dont go with the waffle about the market & conditions being right.
We need a striker ( a fulcrum if you like) We are over halfway through the season and still trying different forwards week by week when none actually work.
If you have the money , which I firmly believe we do you go and buy one.
It really is that simple like anything in life it you want something badly enough you go and pay for it. ( we want & need it badly)
Theres a whole world of strikers out there , as they say "if this iranian has got the cash"
Sounds like a Sandro situation all over again. Wages and all

As far as I’m aware, when looking into how foreign DoF’s work - especially the more vocal like Monchi - it should go something like this:

- DoF finds a coach (manager) that can utilise that style, improve players, promote youngsters etc.
- DoF compiles lists of targets to fill each position outlined in previously confirmed style of play
- DoF signs said players

There’s obviously going to be some input by the coach (manager) into who is signed but not a lot.

The reason I think it should/does work like this is it causes the least amount of disruption when changing managers and we avoid what we have now which is a squad built up of 3 different managers players. @E_Xander_10

God help us if they think like this

Attachments

• 1FAF7166-9E35-4BBA-9CC8-EA533E78EBB8.webp
    1FAF7166-9E35-4BBA-9CC8-EA533E78EBB8.webp
    62.9 KB · Views: 259

- DoF signs said players

When I think of it managers alway have their “shortlists” that they submit to the club directors who ultimately make the signings for the club. They also do wages and player bonuses/discipline. Managers work with the players directly getting the best out of them and creating the tactical overview while the coaches micromanage player working on specific aspects of their games while the director is supposed to manage the teams direction financially and the big picture picture aspect

"Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United and Everton all are monitoring Militao, who can operate as central defender, as a right-back or as a holding midfielder."

Makes a nice change to be mentioned in that group rather than West Ham, Bournemouth and Cardiff!

Why would it ?
He was a Walsh blunder.
Do you not have faith Brands would / could / should , bring in whats required ?
No I have complet faith in him and think he is the single most important person at the club. We could lose everyone but as long as we have him I’d see a bright future. I just don’t want to make a desperate rash signing from what’s available. I do like Batshuayi and think he’d fit great but not at 40m and can’t see Iglesias being a good fit at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back