Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Barcelona,
First off, thanks for Digne. A proper player, with the backbone to persevere while others around him are stood there scratching their collective arses.
I'm beginning to see why Gomes didn't make it with you, and as for Mina, looks like you had our proverbial kecks down there you cheeky monkeys!
Any way, the real reason I'm writing is to enquire as to whether you have a half decent striker going spare. Preferably one who doesn't mind playing with little service, in a system that will isolate him/her for a considerable portion of the match.
I'm looking for a bargain, but I feel like you maybe owe us a favour given the sneaky way you activated Del boy's buy-back clause even though you had no intention of making him a Barca player.
I realise that this may leave you a little short squad-wise, but we're not, so win-win! I'm willing to let you have your pick of about 20 of our squad players for next to nothing. Anyway, let me know. Food for thought.

Yours always,

Jimmy.
Nothing like taking time to come to a considered conclusion, eh?

Every bloody defeat is like this. I didn't watch the game, but apparently we were crap. We've been crap with better squads and we've been better with worse squads. But we've been so up and down since moyes left and it's painfully clear that's because we chop and change so much. We've had three managers and about 60 new players since he went..... He didn't even go that long ago. Spurs have shown the way, by building a team that know eachothers games inside out and they gradually improve with a new player or two.

That's what we're doing here, but of course we're going to lose some games doing that.

How many managers did Spurs go through, to get to this 'way' of building you talk about, or do you honestly think Poch wouldn't have been shown the door had he not done the job he is doing, they also bought Alli who happened to be coinciding with Kanes breakthrough and they took a chance on the very highly rated Erikson, who is turning out every bit as good as his potential.

Sorry but to say spurs miraculously just happened to end up where they are now without going through what we are going through is naive.

How many managers did Spurs go through, to get to this 'way' of building you talk about, or do you honestly think Poch wouldn't have been shown the door had he not done the job he is doing, they also bought Alli who happened to be coinciding with Kanes breakthrough and they took a chance on the very highly rated Erikson, who is turning out every bit as good as his potential.

Sorry but to say spurs miraculously just happened to end up where they are now without going through what we are going through is naive.
This is how I see it regarding spurs, they bought a lot of young players and it took them a few years for it to all come together and went through a few mangers. Like you mentioned Ali doing what he’s done and Kane coming through the ranks is a once in a life time. I know this year they’ve had a few changes, but looking at their best starting 11 over the last couple of years, I would imagine quite a few of that team was there before Poch arrived.

If we go down the route of buying young players, there’s a very good chance Silva won’t be here when that team starts to find it’s feet and hopefully starts having success.

16 managers and 22 yrs to answer the Spurs question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back