Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idrissa and McCarthy out? The exodus continues... if we could sneak Bolasie out and Morgan out then I'd be very impressed.

I am sure that we will have to sacrifice some better players like Gueye if we need to strengthen the overall squad just to balance the books. Such is life.

More sense

Flog as much off the chaff as we can, even cut price to get wages off the books, then FM style, end of season, go instalments over 4 years for Neves, N'Dombele and little Gomes from Atalanta

At this stage I would like to see us going for a couple of very big but mobile players in the centre.

I think Vieira (6'4) and Petit (6'2) were an ideal combo of box to box players and we should be looking for something similar in stature and also in power. Of course they must be strong all round players with technique who could really dominate opposition midfields.

If were looking for players for lowish wages and fees then why not Sander Berge (6'4) and Ibrahim Sangare (6'3). Lots of power and hard running there, both can play too.

Keep Sigurdsson in till the end of the season ahead of them then offload him and slot a deep lying playmaker (allowed to roam) in there too.

For me thats what id like to see so we arent physically dominated like we have been all season.

Dzeko and Shaqiri both went to teams that are better than us currently. Townsend has had the best month of his career but he will probably regress back to the standard he typically plays at shortly. Arnautovic is a mega tit. Swerve. Rondon and Mitrovic may be better than Tosun but are they good enough to get us where we want to be? I doubt it. Picking decent players off of other Prem teams is how you overpay for Gylfi and sign Williams.
Well I’ve just watched the highlights of Fulham v Brighton and all I can say is god help Keane & Co when we go to Craven Cottage. Mitrovic was an absolute monster, a proper centre forward display.

It would be a disaster if Morgan, Bolasie and even to a certain extent Gana (as we should be rinsing PSG and taking the money) are here at the end of the window.

Even if we don’t replace them straight away, only Gana has any impact on the side and I’d happily play Gylfi deeper or Beni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back