Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where you're getting this from, tbf, matey? The lad's a quality attacking full-back.

Four goals and five assists in 27 apps this season.

Five goals and six assists last season.

Two goals and seven assists in 16/17.
Googled him and saw that he was 6"3 didn't he

Hopefully Tosun and Gueye go before the deadline which free's up some money.

I still think Batshuyai is waiting on us offloading Tosun to Palace as it all went quiet at monaco even before henry was sacked.

Batshuyai and Docoure/Barrios would be decent additions to the squad.

Hopefully Tosun and Gueye go before the deadline which free's up some money.

I still think Batshuyai is waiting on us offloading Tosun to Palace as it all went quiet at monaco even before henry was sacked.

Batshuyai and Docoure/Barrios would be decent additions to the squad.
Very much doubt we'll get near Docoure.Barrios would be a risky one,but it just might pay off.

Very much doubt we'll get near Docoure.Barrios would be a risky one,but it just might pay off.

True although I imagine it depends on the interest in Doucoure from other sides. I imagine very few clubs could afford and/or be willing to pay £45-50 million for him and the only one seriously linked were PSG who look to be signing Gueye.

Barrios looks a wildcard but at £20 million it would be worth the gamble. Ive always liked Wanyama at Spurs but doubt we would go for him.

Not sure where you're getting this from, tbf, matey? The lad's a quality attacking full-back.

Four goals and five assists in 27 apps this season.

Five goals and six assists last season.

Two goals and seven assists in 16/17.
Did he not score a hat trick for Belgium at one point too? Pretty sure I recall that. Not exactly Tony Hibbert.

You would like to think the IGG announcement wouldn’t be made until we’ve a deal lined up for either:

A midfield box to box Uber-beast

Or

An outrageously gifted young South American striker

Or

Both.

We have to change our business model, due to the amount of money swimming about in the Premier League:

No signing big club flops
No signing the "best player" from lower Premier League clubs.

If you wanted to sign Batshuayi, he's going to cost you £60 million in fee and wages. He's been rubbish for the first half of the season, it's too big a risk.
If you wanted to sign Doucore he's going to cost you £70 million in fee and wages. He's had 1 good season in the Premier League.

We need to either:
A) Develop our own youth players
B)Buy promising youngsters from Championship, League 1,2 and Non League
C)Buy promising youngsters from abroad. Not going to get them from Barcelona or Real Madrid, but maybe from smaller clubs
D)Sign the "best player" from lower ranking teams in France, Germany, Spain where they don't have as much TV money

We are going to need a very good scouting network, rather than the lazy, half-arsed way we've done things for the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back