Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful lot posted about the standard of player we can attract with or without europe.To me only the the very very top end players at the top of their game insist on Champions lge.
Wonder why Kante shunned Champs lge to sign for Chelsea ?
I'm a firm beleiver players moving want lots of money , guaranteed playing time ,stability and possibly a chance of silverware.
Ultimately if you throw enough money at them they will come.
Players wanting Champions lge ....do us a favour....ask Mr Kante.

Awful lot posted about the standard of player we can attract with or without europe.To me only the the very very top end players at the top of their game insist on Champions lge.
Wonder why Kante shunned Champs lge to sign for Chelsea ?
I'm a firm beleiver players moving want lots of money , guaranteed playing time ,stability and possibly a chance of silverware.
Ultimately if you throw enough money at them they will come.
Players wanting Champions lge ....do us a favour....ask Mr Kante.
Absolutely spot on sir.

He was impressing months ago though, and Koeman sees him every day in training.

I hate waste, and this seems like waste to me. Giving United back their cash for a player they would never use and a player we dont desperately require.

Idiocy.

Our starting midfield contains a teenager and a 35 year old. Both will for different reasons lose form. Yet you think we don't need Schneiderlin and still want us to challenge the top 4? Who comes into the team when Davies hits a dip and needs taking out? Top 4 quality players like McCarthy and Gibson? No. Gueye Schneiderlin Barkley Davies and Besic is good competition for 3 midfield spots.

It doesnt seem like there is much in the hopper for us right now. With the amount of money being dished out these deals dont seem to appear out of nowhere unless we are planning a couple of unknown Walshy signings from lower euro leagues, I just dont see us adding to what we have. any outs can only be the peripheral or sick notes.

It doesnt seem like there is much in the hopper for us right now. With the amount of money being dished out these deals dont seem to appear out of nowhere unless we are planning a couple of unknown Walshy signings from lower euro leagues, I just dont see us adding to what we have. any outs can only be the peripheral or sick notes.

2639AFA200000578-0-image-m-26_1425634984761.jpg

I dont doubt Schneiderlin can do a job here. My point is that a better use of resources would have been to bring in a playmaker or second striker.

CM was the most crucial position to strengthen prior to the window in my opinion. Barry, McCarthy aren't good enough, Besic is never fit. If we didn't sign Schneiderlin we would only be left with just Gueye and Davies who are good enough, one is 18 and one is currently thousands of miles away. We have been scoring for fun lately, Barkleys playing great, the positions you mentioned can wait until summer.

If we sell lukaku in the summer then we may as well give up and go home. If that's the plan then we can kiss goodbye to so called new everton
Although if we sell rom it makes it easier to sell the dream to 2 new strikers, they can be assured they're not just going to be second fiddle to the star man, as they would be if he was to stay.

Saying that though.... please don't sell him!!

Our starting midfield contains a teenager and a 35 year old. Both will for different reasons lose form. Yet you think we don't need Schneiderlin and still want us to challenge the top 4? Who comes into the team when Davies hits a dip and needs taking out? Top 4 quality players like McCarthy and Gibson? No. Gueye Schneiderlin Barkley Davies and Besic is good competition for 3 midfield spots.
Agreed. It's also completely inconsistent. We need a backup forward before an actual first team CDM? You're upset that we might have Davies on the bench, but you are fine with a better striker on the bench. We need BOTH, but playing Barry, McCarthy, or even Davies next to Gana at this point gives up a questionable spine at best. Now if we had elite CBS, maybe.

If we sell lukaku in the summer then we may as well give up and go home. If that's the plan then we can kiss goodbye to so called new everton
Dont be disheartend Tim the club have lost many better players than Rom over the years & survived.
It will be Roms decision if/when he goes , nowt to do with the club.
The year after we sold Lineker we won the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back