Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe we've changed the system to one that works with the players we've got?
What do you mean 'or maybe'? That doesn't make any sense. Either the squad was good enough before and people were wrong then, or the squad still isn't good enough and they're wrong now. Your hypothesis doesn't change that in the slightest.

Of course by the time the summer comes round the club may have made a formal announcement regarding BMD.

I can't think of any club that have been profligate in the transfer market in the years preceding a stadium build.

That financial prudence and money-saving may have already started.

Would be interesting in that context to see if McCarthy was sold today.

I think if that was the case, Moshiri and Co. would gamble that most fans would settle for definate progress on the stadium, and accept constraints in spending. It's not like we are new to that. We obviously need more players, and they will spend in the summer, but we have no guarantee that it will be on the scale some are expecting.

I'm not asking us to replace like for like - I'm asking us to use the 31 days we've had to bring in the striker we so obviously need, like you have said. If we don't, then there's only two reasons I can give - either Koeman has written off the season and is looking at the summer, or we've already spent what we had and the offloading lately is balancing the books. There's no logical reason not to bring in a striker beyond those two reasons.
But, who is the striker we need ? is he available ? or, does the manager sign anybody because it will keep the fans happy.

We now know he wants a centre half , we now know who he wants after the press conference yesterday, we also know that the player is amost definitely unavailable in this window, should he then go and sign somebody else ?

We have sixteen games left in this season, we have a marginal chance of a top six finish, no cup games.
We have enough players to get through this season and try to sign the players we want in the summer.

Let's face it, you don't pay £11 million for someone and not use them. He (Lookman) was always going to be fast tracked.

If you've got it you've got it I guess!!

What do you mean 'or maybe'? That doesn't make any sense. Either the squad was good enough before and people were wrong then, or the squad still isn't good enough and they're wrong now. Your hypothesis doesn't change that in the slightest.

Ask chelsea if that is the case?

A month ago people were all over this forum saying this was the worst squad in living memory and they all needed to be binned off with immediate effect, we win a couple of games and now the same people are insisting we don't need to buy anyone at all. Genius.

That's the thing I sort of questioned, not long before the City game supposedly most of the squad needed kicking out because they were cowards and crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back