Not open for further replies.
Four in.

- Schneiderlin - £20m

- Depay - EVERLOAN (or £18-20m)

- Gabbiadini - £16m

- Fonte - £6m

Would be boss.

Would sort us out.

Address younger CB, GK and AM in the summer.

Won't happen and this is just utter tosh from me.

Nowhere near enough for me. We need at least 2 creative types and a back up for Rom. Another central defender and a central midfielder to cover for the loss of Gana in January. In fact the thought of losing him is filling me with dread already. I'm all for getting Depay, but he is a risk, so would also like to get somebody else to make up for the loss of Bolasie.

Sad day when our own fans see Southampton as a better prospect than us.
Right now they are yes. Same as anyone choosing Leiscter over us in the summer was deemed a better prospect. Come next summer they won't be, same as passing Southampton would no longer be a better prospect.

Otherwise we are just hanging onto past glories with nothing to show for them and still crying about being a big club despite having achieved nothing in modern times to earn it. Any player who signed for us in the summer was signing for a mid table club, anyone signing for Southampton was signing for a European club again. Bit of a difference.

We were finishing in Europe before city even ventured into top half finishes this century. Would a player come to us over them?

Reactions: JLW
League form doesn't matter then, why bother. We are apparently a better option in the championship based on history then eh? makes no odds on where we finish league wise because any players used to finishing top 6 and above should just come here regardless eh?

At first I thought this was a wind up it's that absurd, surely no one is that thick.

I don't know why I am even bothering but seeing as your blue, I'll have 1 last crack and trying to help you see the error of your ways.

The only form that matters to you is the one that suits your agenda.

The form of last season and the season before when Southampton having the best years in there history (despite still doing nothing) finished a paltry 3/4 places above Everton who were that bad they sacked their manager and took Southampton's manager off them.

The league form for the other 100 years doesn't matter, the league form of this year doesn't matter, the fact that we made 2 cup semi finals last year also seems irrelevant. Nope cause they finished last year in 6th anyone leaving there is taking a step down if they don't move to a club who finished between 1st & 5th.

I see VVD is interesting Chelsea and Liverpool......I suppose you can't see him making the step down to them 2 either.

Five in during January.

Keeper
Centre half
Morg Scnide
Walking in Depay
STRIKER

Depay to be a 15-18 million pound permanent instead of a loan. The Snide at 20 so close to 40 million to our parent club.

Nowhere near enough for me. We need at least 2 creative types and a back up for Rom. Another central defender and a central midfielder to cover for the loss of Gana in January. In fact the thought of losing him is filling me with dread already. I'm all for getting Depay, but he is a risk, so would also like to get somebody else to make up for the loss of Bolasie.

we ain't getting them all in January though

Four in.

- Schneiderlin - £20m

- Depay - EVERLOAN (or £18-20m)

- Gabbiadini - £16m

- Fonte - £6m

Would be boss.

Would sort us out.

Address younger CB, GK and AM in the summer.

Won't happen and this is just utter tosh from me.
We would be mad not to consider fonte as an option but I'd imagine if he is allowed to leave he will go to united.

Plus city v chelsea may expedite van dijks departure particularly if he does have a release clause as city may simply offer more to entice them into selling at an inconvenient point in time.

What makes it all the more interesting is alderwields 30 million release clause which I think is actually euros surely the top teams in the premier league will be trying for van dijk & alderweild which may leave a gap for us with koulibally. I know dream on

At first I thought this was a wind up it's that absurd, surely no one is that thick.

I don't know why I am even bothering but seeing as your blue, I'll have 1 last crack and trying to help you see the error of your ways.

The only form that matters to you is the one that suits your agenda.

The form of last season and the season before when Southampton having the best years in there history (despite still doing nothing) finished a paltry 3/4 places above Everton who were that bad they sacked their manager and took Southampton's manager off them.

The league form for the other 100 years doesn't matter, the league form of this year doesn't matter, the fact that we made 2 cup semi finals last year also seems irrelevant. Nope cause they finished last year in 6th anyone leaving there is taking a step down if they don't move to a club who finished between 1st & 5th.

I see VVD is interesting Chelsea and Liverpool......I suppose you can't see him making the step down to them 2.
You are glossing over the season before there eh? and liverpool finishing in Europe thst year before, oh and Chelsea winning the league.

We finished 11th, both times. they finished in europe twice. Therefore common sense says the most likely to achieve that again is them, so in the here and now they would be a better prospect to join.

I'm not beating the we are everton drum so we are boss. we have won nothing in 21 years and are struggling for 3 years now to beat quite a few teams league wise. Sorry for not being blindingly optimistic in the face of that or believing players should still be queuing up here because they clearly aren't.

Southampton finished in europe 2 years in a row, we didn't. Therefore step down to go to a club who consistently finish below you in the league.

@boris as above

the thing is though, it isn't just a short term fix is it? Because we have to outlay money to sign Fonte, plus offer him decent wages to sign, especially as he is taking a step down to come to us. So that 'short term' fix is potentially going to cost us 5 million + 52000000 quid in wages for the 2 years he is likely to be here.

It also increases the defenders we have in that position making it harder for any young ones to come in and stake a claim ala Stones which would then be detrimental. It also increases the risk of said older defender has a sharp decline, which combined with high wages means we struggle to shift them (see Mcgeady for an example) and then it weighs on the club financially.

So 2 seasons is what we're basing it on? Is our rich history not enough to lure players and managers to the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back