January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh

read it again from when I first replied to you.

on topic, I hope we don't sign Wayne Rooney
Read it the first time mate.

Doesn't make me wrong to think what I do. If we get nowhere again this season and Southampton finish top 6 are we still a better option then? How many years does it take before we aren't a better option over teams actually getting results?
Last time I checked we are in no danger of breaking our cycle, he'll we lost against the club in question after 42 seconds, big improvement there

So 2 seasons is what we're basing it on? Is our rich history not enough to lure players and managers to the club?
Well we had to pay koeman to come here mate. He turned us down the first time.

We haven't had a top manager or anywhere near it since the 80s and last time I checked players chose clubs who are deemed not in our league over us in recent years.

Despite apparently being rich , the only players we could attract in the summer were below us, in perspective .

But yeah, we should be rivalling the top teams for players still right?

Of all the names linked Schneiderlin seems a very good buy for £20m.

We are "reasonably" ok defensively and I don't see us buying a GK in January.

Don't like Depay's attitude but would be ok on loan.

Signing those two + another striker will probably represent the limit of our ambition, we might have room to push for another loan on top.

I would be open to offers for a large number of the squad, if we could shift any out, especially;

Oviedo
McCarthy
Gibson
Lennon

The other elephant in the room is Lukaku's situation. I don't expect nor would I countenance him leaving in January but the priority if he wants out as he surely does is to maximise the fee we get for him, I guess that will be resolved by the summer.

If we don't stand in his way then it will be interesting to see who offers what for him, it would be nice if he signed a contract extension in the meantime to give us extra security.

Read it the first time mate.

Doesn't make me wrong to think what I do. If we get nowhere again this season and Southampton finish top 6 are we still a better option then? How many years does it take before we aren't a better option over teams actually getting results?
Last time I checked we are in no danger of breaking our cycle, he'll we lost against the club in question after 42 seconds, big improvement there

I would be of the opinion that you are wrong to think pretty much everything you think

Well we had to pay koeman to come here mate. He turned us down the first time.

We haven't had a top manager or anywhere near it since the 80s and last time I checked players chose clubs who are deemed not in our league over us in recent years.

Despite apparently being rich , the only players we could attract in the summer were below us, in perspective .

But yeah, we should be rivalling the top teams for players still right?

It's odd, because after someone posted the reddit comment where a Southampton fan was having a rant about why Koeman would choose us, you specifically mentioned our history, a history that you seem to completely disregard less than 6 months later when talking about some no mark player? As well as plenty of other reasons why someone would choose us over them as well.

said it the other day. Imagine a team poaching a manager who is highly thought of from another club who is much less history rich. imagine them offering more money, higher budgets, with a reputation to allow managers to get on with their job, even willing to back him over years if he does a good job

It's odd, because after someone posted the reddit comment where a Southampton fan was having a rant about why Koeman would choose us, you specifically mentioned our history, a history that you seem to completely disregard less than 6 months later when talking about some no mark player? As well as plenty of other reasons why someone would choose us over them as well.

8e2b5a46c526a2ffbdf93acdf30b5506e1297f4683afd30cf32bbd1b3bd46813.jpg

Adrien Silva is another one I'd love us to be in for.

He's the sex

I like him. Think he has got the makings of a top level striker and a good attitude, but my workmate here is a former season ticket holder at Porto and mad about them and he doesn't think he is anything special. Wouldn't be bothered if they sold him on. He does however bang on about Otavio every week, and I do like what I have seen of him.

Other than that we should buy Andre Andre and Willy Boly just for their names

lol

That comment to be fair is from a rival fan perspective.

but yeah i did say that, and as a club our history does put us in good standing in the game, it should be a draw. But to players? Not at all. Managers should want to manage us because we are everton, but all a player sees is what goes on in the league in the here and now. Otherwise it creates a whole series of suggestions.

Would Pogba have chose us over united if we matched their bid?
Would Leroy Sane have chose us over city?

Would Kante have chosen us over Chelsea?

Because we are a boss club remember? Players should be signing for us because of our standing in the english leagues. doesn't matter if we look the same as west brom, stoke, or the like who routinely finish nowhere, makes no odds, we should be attracting players who look at us and think we are boss, rather than choose the teams finishing in european places and above.

its all just a big endless splurge of words with no real consistent thought processes going on behind them

a lack of focus is very apparent in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back