January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

That comment to be fair is from a rival fan perspective.

but yeah i did say that, and as a club our history does put us in good standing in the game, it should be a draw. But to players? Not at all. Managers should want to manage us because we are everton, but all a player sees is what goes on in the league in the here and now. Otherwise it creates a whole series of suggestions.

Would Pogba have chose us over united if we matched their bid?
Would Leroy Sane have chose us over city?

Would Kante have chosen us over Chelsea?

Because we are a boss club remember? Players should be signing for us because of our standing in the english leagues. doesn't matter if we look the same as west brom, stoke, or the like who routinely finish nowhere, makes no odds, we should be attracting players who look at us and think we are boss, rather than choose the teams finishing in european places and above.

Kante chose to leave the league winners to go to a club that finished in 10th
Pogba left the Italian champions to join a team that finished 5th and barely scraped 4th once in the last 3 years

Using your analogy both made downward career moves to smaller clubs

It's probably been mentioned many a time, but we're crying out for a player in the Tim Cahill mould.

I never understood it when Moyes use to harp on about finding the right character to fit in with the team. He was right because at the moment that's what we lack, everything Cahill had.

To be honest, we don't really have any sort of style or identity at this present time. I'd prefer Koeman and Walsh to start building a youthful, pacy, dynamic team rather than filling in the obvious cracks with more and more average squad fillers.

Suggestions?

We would be mad not to consider fonte as an option but I'd imagine if he is allowed to leave he will go to united.

Plus city v chelsea may expedite van dijks departure particularly if he does have a release clause as city may simply offer more to entice them into selling at an inconvenient point in time.

What makes it all the more interesting is alderwields 30 million release clause which I think is actually euros surely the top teams in the premier league will be trying for van dijk & alderweild which may leave a gap for us with koulibally. I know dream on

Completely agree.

Factor in the form of Keane and Ben Gibson, you've got to be imagining we'll snaffle one of them up to play with Williams. Also not forgetting Kone at Sunderland.

Pickford / Butland
VVD / Koulibaly / Keane
Schneiderlin / Carvalho
Depay
Lookman

I'd be very happy with something like that, I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility but of course it depends on the ambition of the Board and their willingness to spend.

Pickford / Butland
VVD / Koulibaly / Keane
Schneiderlin / Carvalho
Depay
Lookman

I'd be very happy with something like that, I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility but of course it depends on the ambition of the Board and their willingness to spend.

And if the players want to join us. Which i'm certain some of those won't want to as was half the problem in the summer.

And if the players want to join us. Which i'm certain some of those won't want to as was half the problem in the summer.

Yes also very true, feel like the only ones who may not want to join personally are Van Dijk, Carvalho and Koulibaly - for the others we represent a step up from their current teams in terms of quality or playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back