January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him. Think he has got the makings of a top level striker and a good attitude, but my workmate here is a former season ticket holder at Porto and mad about them and he doesn't think he is anything special. Wouldn't be bothered if they sold him on. He does however bang on about Otavio every week, and I do like what I have seen of him.

Other than that we should buy Andre Andre and Willy Boly just for their names

I meant the one who plays at Sporting mate haha :D

I've not seen much of Porto so couldn't judge. Boly was half-decent for Braga, Andre Andre is a cool name.

I don't even...

upload_2016-12-6_12-59-43.webp

Sporting midfielder.

Their captain, is basically a box-to-box player who would be boss as a Barry replacement.

Can also take free-kicks.

Good at the passing. Gets forward and scores / provides goals.
Why sign a goal-scoring, free kick-taking, effective box-to-box player when we could play crybaby Mr Only-Players-When-He-Feels-Loved Ross Barkley instead?

If you speak to me like that again you know what will happen.

brahimi is great.

So mean.

Im just saying, we need a presence up top, somebody with a bit of guile, power, pace and above 6 foot, somebody like Zlatan.

Admit it, you havent watched Brahimi, hes a 1 in 20 player.

We should only be interested in the 11 players I listed yesterday in my hot list.

So mean.

Im just saying, we need a presence up top, somebody with a bit of guile, power, pace and above 6 foot, somebody like Zlatan.

Admit it, you havent watched Brahimi, hes a 1 in 20 player.

We should only be interested in the 11 players I listed yesterday in my hot list.

It'd be also pointless signing any African player that would be missing for up to a month anyway

Surely it's the clubs idea of where we are going, and how this is presented to players, that is the critical factor, for the potential signings we pitch to?

Not including the tier of elite players, we have a big space to play in.

I can accept that if Walsh had been hired earlier last summer (which was unrealistic), and we avoided the duplication of effort, and what seems general confusion in strategy, we might have convinced one or both of Witsel and Carvalho to join, Mata and Kouibaly always seemed far less realistic to me.

It's a pity that our earlier momentum has come to a shuddering halt, as being on a good run would have helped in January. But we still have points to win before then.

I don't think Koeman is the personal draw that many would have thought he was for players, but if we can show we intend to invest serious money, be competitive with wages, and actually want to achieve things, then that, on top of the potential new stadium, sell-outs at Goodison, and general good reputation in English football, should all help.

I don't think we are in a position to make signings of a sort that would make other clubs sit up and take notice, it's the impact of the signings we make towards the team as a whole that will be more important as I see it in this rebuilding phase.

Christ Ash pipe down. Your argument is twisting with each post to squirm your way out of a stupid remark. Bungz has shown you dont really mean what you say so stop posting off topic drivel. You are coming across like Damo here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back