January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes also very true, feel like the only ones who may not want to join personally are Van Dijk, Carvalho and Koulibaly - for the others we represent a step up from their current teams in terms of quality or playing time.

Carvholo and Koulibaly were two I thought as well. They weren't keen in the summer so doubt they would be now.

Carvholo and Koulibaly were two I thought as well. They weren't keen in the summer so doubt they would be now.

I think in summer the desperation wasn't there for us, we clearly need players now. Additionally, they may have been expecting bigger clubs to come in for them - I think if we offered them enough money there might be a possibility but obviously its easy to sit here and say that, acquiring good players is far more complex haha!

I think it's like 10mil off the pricetag if they don't do backheels.

pretty sure that's how it works

He'd very much be a Barry replacement.

By that I mean he always seems to be in the right place at the right time, but he makes decent runs to the edge of the area to control the play.

Whether he'd have the same success in the PL remains to be seen, mind.

It's probably been mentioned many a time, but we're crying out for a player in the Tim Cahill mould.

I never understood it when Moyes use to harp on about finding the right character to fit in with the team. He was right because at the moment that's what we lack, everything Cahill had.

To be honest, we don't really have any sort of style or identity at this present time. I'd prefer Koeman and Walsh to start building a youthful, pacy, dynamic team rather than filling in the obvious cracks with more and more average squad fillers.

Suggestions?
It's a great idea to be honest, I think most want this.

Problem is we have Koeman at the helm, so we aren't looking at (nor will we play if it can be helped) youthful players.

Well Mahrez alone is pretty good I'd say. He was heavily involved with identifying Slimani for Leicester too and Brahimi with us.

Slimani was a known entity for some time mate and cost Bolaisse money, not really a scouting coup... it was just the hyperbole attached to this Walsh guy I don't get, one Algerian success does not equate to 'a track record' of signing and identifying quality Algerians. I'd never heard of Walsh til he signed for us and the hubris around him make out like he was responsible for setting up a Southampton YA/La Masia at Leicester, he signed a handful of decent players for them fair play, if he can replicate here we shall see...

It's a great idea to be honest, I think most want this.

Problem is we have Koeman at the helm, so we aren't looking at (nor will we play if it can be helped) youthful players.

Completely wrong.

He'll play them when they're ready.

He's actually said that when they're ready they'll play and stay in and around the team.

i.e. Holgate. He's been in every match day sqaud.

Barkley has just turned 23. Lukaku is 23.

Doesn't play youth though...

It's utter drivel.

If they were good enough they'd be in, like Holgate has been.

Davies is the only other one that may - may - be ready, but we don't see him every day in training.

He's played a grand total of about 140 minutes of first-team football. He's 18. When he's ready to make the step up he will be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back