Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo mein Friends, its that time of the week that I just know you are have all been waiting for, just to remind you of the hot list from last week :

GK Stéphane Ruffier
RB Ricardo Domingos Barbosa Pereira
LB Fernando Marçal Oliveira
CB Virgil van Dijk
CB Willi Orban
DM Diego Demme
CM Fábio Henrique Tavares
CM Giacomo "Jack" Bonaventura
RW Mohamed Salah Ghaly
CF Andrea Belotti
LW Karl Toko Ekambi

And I will now present to you "HotList2, sponsored by Aero"

Stéphane Ruffier Saint-Etienne, 30, GK
Retaining his place in goal is still the boy Steph, head and shoulders above everybody else.
Ricardo Pereira Nice, 23, D(LR),M(R)
At RB we still have RiccyP.
Fernando Marçal Guingamp, 27, D(L)
At LB its again our Fernando, he wasnt the best, Alex Sandro and the boy Luis are better "options", but not considered for obvs reasons
Loic Perrin Saint-Etienne, 31, D(C)
Our first change this week, sees Loic come in for Willi, Loic was overlooked last week due to him being the wrong side of 30, but his continued good form has given him a chance, its on him to maintain his excellent form.
Virgil van Dijk Southampton, 25, D(C)
Van Dirge
Johannes Geis Schalke 04, 23, DMC
Another change with Johnny picked ahead of the boy Diego, well done J.
Fabinho Monaco, 23, D(R),DMC
Faby has again maintained his wonderful form and is without doubt the hottest CM in Europe currently
Giacomo Bonaventura AC Milan, 27, AM(CLR)
Jack also retains his place, interesting fact, he shares an agent with a certain Mr Lukaku and Mr Pogba, his place is far from secure tho, he has 3-4 players pushing him hard for a spot and hes gonna have to play well to retain his spot.
Ryad Boudebouz Montpellier, 26, M(CR),FW
A new feature this week is the inclusion of 2 extra players, 1 at ACM and 1 at Striker, just to add "options", Ryad isnt the best, Ozil is, but I see no reason to list Ozil.
Felipe Anderson Lazio, 23, M(CLR)
Felipe pushes Salah to the bench here, well done Felipe, take your chance Friend.
Adem Ljajic Torino, 25, AM(CLR),FW
Another change sees Adem replacing Toko on the left, he was 4th in line, Coutinho, Insigne and Neymar were excluded, Insigne could maybe be got, but screw him, we want hungry players.
Andrea Belotti Torino, 22, FW
3rd choice behind Sanchez and Dzeko, is yet again our boy Andrea, keep it going champ.
Alexandre Lacazette Lyon, 25, M(LR),FW
And the new 2nd option up top spot has gone to the dwarf from France.

Which would mean the hot list would look something like this, personal preference :

Ruffier
Pereira - Van Dijk -Perrin - Oliveira
Geis - Fabinho
Anderson - Boubebouz - Ljajic
Belotti

Thanks for reading Friends, tune in next week around this time for the next thrilling hot list.

A fellow Bonaventura and ruffier fan ? I love you.
Plan B would be Perin (genoa) and tielemans (Anderlecht). No way would Milan sell Bonaventura, the fans love him, then again they loved pirlo and kaka. Ruffier I have asked for at least three years now, cracking goalkeeper but loyal to Etienne.

Dont be silly mate. Youre comparing Saints and Everton...opposite situations and setups...

One signs Van Dijk and the other signs Bolasie.

I think it's fair to say Reed had a big impact on Southampton, but also that Koeman could spot a good player as well. I do think being Dutch probably influenced signings such as Claisie (who'd I'd have in January) Pelle and VVD.

I also think lads like Bertrand, Clyne, Long, Austin etc had a lot of the Koeman seal on them, and are similar in type to Bolasie & Williams (proven PL players with the English premium).

When we talk VVD though one final point should be raised in Koemans favour, which I pointed out in another thread. VVD and Mori last summer arrived with a similar CV. Aggressive, fast strong defenders who could play from the back, but had come from unconventional/weaker leagues. VVD developed very quickly while Mori didn't.

i like mikey, but he's listed 100s of terrible suggestions and said a fair few from scotland who would be good enough, this is the only one he's actually got correct.

*runs

Not quite mate

I suggested Forster, Wanyama, Heaton and Lallallaallallaanna all before they shone in the Premier League

I get quite a few right actually

Even with Honda, he's still playing for AC Milan in Serie A isn't he? Not quite the honour it once was, but still a big team no?

In fact, how many have I got wrong in regards to players from the SPL?

My main shouts from there have been Forster, Wanyama and Van Dijk, and I don't think anyone could legitimately argue that they haven't been a success in the Premier League. Some may state Griffiths, but I only suggested him once seriously, back before he went to Celtic off the back of that great season for Hibs, and that was only because it was the Moyes days and we had literally no money, thus were looking at bargains.

Long and Brady have been longtime shouts from me, and they've both shown they can play at PL level. Indeed, I was touting Long during the window that Martinez was pishing about going after Traore, and I think history has justified that stance since

Most of my calls are normally very sound, it depends on the criteria you wish to judge them by

If it's picking out werld class players who will have high stats on FIFA, maybe not, but if it's judging players who can make it in the English top League, I get easily at least 70-80% of my calls right, which is a good return

Not quite mate

I suggested Forster, Wanyama, Heaton and Lallallaallallaanna all before they shone in the Premier League

Even with Honda, he's still playing for AC Milan in Serie A isn't he? Not quite the honour it once was, but still a big team no?

In fact, how many have I got wrong in regards to players from the SPL?

My main shouts from there have been Forster, Wanyama and Van Dijk, and I don't think anyone could legitimately argue that they haven't been a success in the Premier League. Some may state Griffiths, but I only suggested him once seriously, back before he went to Celtic off the back of that great season for Hibs, and that was only because it was the Moyes days and we had literally no money, thus were looking at bargains.

Long and Brady have been longtime shouts from me, and they've both shown they can play at PL level. Indeed, I was touting Long during the window that Martinez was pishing about going after Traore, and I think history has justified that stance since

Most of my calls are normally very sound, it depends on the criteria you wish to judge them by

If it's picking out werld class players who will have high stats on FIFA, maybe not, but if it's judging players who can make it in the English top League, I get easily at least 70-80% of my calls right, which is a good return
In Mikey we trust

Quite funny reading various threads suggesting tonight's match line up.
A lot of them drop Barry but play McCarthy, which got me thinking, if Koeman wants to play a pressing game, surely McCarthy should stay and the immobile, slow 35 year old Barry should leave ? Pressing game requires legs and energy which favour James over Gareth no ?

Quite funny reading various threads suggesting tonight's match line up.
A lot of them drop Barry but play McCarthy, which got me thinking, if Koeman wants to play a pressing game, surely McCarthy should stay and the immobile, slow 35 year old Barry should leave ? Pressing game requires legs and energy which favour James over Gareth no ?

It does, but without Barry, we don't actually have anybody who can pass the ball.

You know what, I decided I'd give you a stiff vaulting and find out what sort of transfer nuggets you offered in the past. Seeing all your posts from transfer threads lined up in the space of the last 3 years, this is what I saw:

Wall-to-wall Van Dijk. Just Van Dijk. 10, 20 pages of Mikey Fitzgerald saying "Virgil Van Dijk" in transfer threads. I can see little to no mention of any other player. You've been talking about him as far back as 2013, and that's as far as I went because I couldn't bear to look at his name one more time. For the amount of times you referred to the lad, I'd expect the next Fabio Cannavarro, not some lad who did a job at Celtic and put in a few decent shifts for a 10th place Southampton side this season.

So, in the 3 years (at least) since you have been on the Van Dijk train, he has gone from winning a one-horse Scottish league to the incredible heights of 10th in the Premier League and now is your moment of vindication?

Agent of Dzagoev confirmed in an Interview todayin one of the Russian Papers today that Everton where in talks in the Sumemr with him before Dzagoev broke his foot before the Euros, and those communications and talks have recommenced between representatives of the clubs.

was interest from China but the player instructed his agent he had zero interest in such a move. Also been interest in him from the summer from other leagues in Europe and the premiership.

Agent goes on to say that the player deserves such a move due to his hard work and performance, and his future will be a lot clearer imminently, and it will be at Everton, West Ham or a club from another top league.

Noticably the only club he mentions as being in contact currently is Everton (the West Ham one was going back to early summer apparently)

@MoutsGoat - maybe something in this after all mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back