Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agent of Dzagoev confirmed in an Interview todayin one of the Russian Papers today that Everton where in talks in the Sumemr with him before Dzagoev broke his foot before the Euros, and those communications and talks have recommenced between representatives of the clubs.

was interest from China but the player instructed his agent he had zero interest in such a move. Also been interest in him from the summer from other leagues in Europe and the premiership.

Agent goes on to say that the player deserves such a move due to his hard work and performance, and his future will be a lot clearer imminently, and it will be at Everton, West Ham or a club from another top league.

Noticably the only club he mentions as being in contact currently is Everton (the West Ham one was going back to early summer apparently)

@MoutsGoat - maybe something in this after all mate

MAGIC IN HIS BOOTS

Agent of Dzagoev confirmed in an Interview todayin one of the Russian Papers today that Everton where in talks in the Sumemr with him before Dzagoev broke his foot before the Euros, and those communications and talks have recommenced between representatives of the clubs.

was interest from China but the player instructed his agent he had zero interest in such a move. Also been interest in him from the summer from other leagues in Europe and the premiership.

Agent goes on to say that the player deserves such a move due to his hard work and performance, and his future will be a lot clearer imminently, and it will be at Everton, West Ham or a club from another top league.

Noticably the only club he mentions as being in contact currently is Everton (the West Ham one was going back to early summer apparently)

Hope so. Would certainly give us options in the middle of the park, and heck, even at a push for the wing.

What is this guy's best position ?

I can only remember seeing him play wide left but others have suggested that he plays centrally.

Have I missed something ?

Hope so. Would certainly give us options in the middle of the park, and heck, even at a push for the wing.

It's 100% not a ploy for a new contract mate, that's for sure, he only signed a new one a yearago, his pay is already the best at the club etc, and could have namedropped a few other clubs that theres been tabloid reports of interest in if he wanted to pimp his client out, Dortmund or Spurs have both been linked within the last year and a few other clubs with a 'profile' higher or comparable to ours.

Lot of circumstantial evidence at the mo.

CSKA need to sell
player wants to move
we need that position
Walsh has had dealing succesfully with the club before
Sat with the owners/General director of CSKA at the spurs game (which is REALLY unusual for a scout i would guess)
Owner says 'no bid' or formal contact has been made at present a couple of days ago
Agent states contact was made during the summer before he got injured and that contact between the clubs has been restarted recently

More substance than most of the links so far i would say, now lets hope Traore talks us up to the player :P

@bluestevon is knowledgeable on his Russian togger, and he said that Dzagoev has been moved further back to a holding role in the last year - kind of as a deep-lying playmaker.

he's good at intercepting balls mate, not a tackler or someone whose gonna stick to a player like glue defensively, but can press and has a bloody great engine on him and some snide.

Overall in a midfield 3 and given license to sit and dictate or get forward as he chooses could be brilliant in this league

What is this guy's best position ?

I can only remember seeing him play wide left but others have suggested that he plays centrally.

Have I missed something ?

he can play wide either side or centre attacking mid very well mate, but he's best sat deep and given license to get forward or sit and spread the ball around (for CSKA he does both of those in games) often starts the play spreads the ball out and then bombs forward to support the attack arriving late in the box.

he can play wide either side or centre attacking mid very well mate, but he's best sat deep and given license to get forward or sit and spread the ball around (for CSKA he does both of those in games) often starts the play spreads the ball out and then bombs forward to support the attack arriving late in the box.

Basically, just what we need.

The main key for this Stevon is - as you said - Walsh having been at the game with the CSKA reps.

Im serious, he probably is one of the better passers of a ball In midfield, goes to show how bad our midfield actually is.
It is true, I have just never been impressed with him. Our Midfield is terrible besides Gueye and Barry for the most part. I still feel like the goal Cleverly had against newcastle last season was that he slipped or the ball bounced off his head unintentionally.

It is true, I have just never been impressed with him. Our Midfield is terrible besides Gueye and Barry for the most part. I still feel like the goal Cleverly had against newcastle last season was that he slipped or the ball bounced off his head unintentionally.

To be fair, I loved him for a week after that, much needed goal lol

Basically, just what we need.

The main key for this Stevon is - as you said - Walsh having been at the game with the CSKA reps.

He was sitting with the general director of cska mate, that's from the GDs own brief interview the other day. Also he mentioned having a good relationship having dealt together in the musa transfer. Gives us an absolutely massive advantage in terms of getting a deal struck over any competition. Having a Russian director ourselves won't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back