Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was sitting with the general director of cska mate, that's from the GDs own brief interview the other day. Also he mentioned having a good relationship having dealt together in the musa transfer. Gives us an absolutely massive advantage in terms of getting a deal struck over any competition. Having a Russian director ourselves won't hurt either.

Think it would be a very good addition. If he hits his form we're onto a winner.

Can't imagine it would be too much more than about £15m either.

A fellow Bonaventura and ruffier fan ? I love you.
Plan B would be Perin (genoa) and tielemans (Anderlecht). No way would Milan sell Bonaventura, the fans love him, then again they loved pirlo and kaka. Ruffier I have asked for at least three years now, cracking goalkeeper but loyal to Etienne.

been banging on about tielemans for 2 years odd now...another poster said he did a degree so didnt want to move ...finished now though.

I'm in. @bluestevon i'm in.

On him though. Are there likely to be other suitors to him other than us and Wham?

I've not seen anything which the General director or his agent have commented on for the past year or so mate.

Seen him linked to a few teams in the past, Spurs before Poch, Newcastle under Maclaren (that was a wierd link), Villareal and Dortmund and a few others mate, but the only one i remember his agent or club ever commenting on before was the Spurs link (which was apparently serious at the time) - but the price back then put them off (good old levy)

This is the first i remember getting any serious level of media coverage in Russia as well, former CSKA players have commented on the link, the general director and his agent.

I'd say IF (big if still) we are after him then we won't have anyone competing with us from a notably higher team (the Russian risk factor will scare a lot of those off) and the player himself doesn't seem the type from everything i've heard and read him saying to come sit on a bench rather than playing - absolutely football mad by all media accounts of him.

CSKA do need to sell though as financially they are in trouble due to the stadium costs,

I'm in. @bluestevon i'm in.

On him though. Are there likely to be other suitors to him other than us and Wham?

Shorter answer - probably would be a few getting linked but none i'd be concerned about having any substance and just used to drive any price up a bit for the contract/fee.

He's on actually a very good wage in Russia due to the way the league has a set quota on Russian players each team must have driving the need to pay the good ones to keep hold of them, so doubt any of the likes of Villareal, Swansea, Saints and a few others i have seen mentioned here and there in rags having any real interest/ability to afford him

West Ham i don't think could afford him either - they seem to be on the very limit under STCC atm on wages btw

Shorter answer - probably would be a few getting linked but none i'd be concerned about having any substance and just used to drive any price up a bit for the contract/fee.

He's on actually a very good wage in Russia due to the way the league has a set quota on Russian players each team must have driving the need to pay the good ones to keep hold of them, so doubt any of the likes of Villareal, Swansea, Saints and a few others i have seen mentioned here and there in rags having any real interest/ability to afford him

West Ham i don't think could afford him either - they seem to be on the very limit under STCC atm on wages btw

What's this based on?

What's this based on?

in the 15/16 season west ham where paying 69.5m in wages mate, this season they are paying 79.8m an increase of 10.3m (STCC states they are allowed a 7m increase per season), they can't actually make any added revenue from the ground in sponsorship etc as they don't own it (probably actually lost in terms of that) the only player they sold is Tomkins for 9m - and who they basically had to sell in order to comply with the wages rules?

and they have Zaza, Calleri and Tore on loan that there having to pay the wages of as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back