Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this january will end up being us selling lukaku, spending only the lukaku money and then releasing a statement in february (season ticket time) talking up how this summer will be the time we finally go and sign some boss players.

Even better if we ended up saying we didn't need another striker as we have 3 on the books already.
You starting to become cynical mate?

...I'd like to think we'll bring players in to improve the team rather than appease fans. There clearly needs a rebuild, it's down to the skill of the manager and SW to make that happen successfully. It's a major challenge. I honestly don't have a view on whether they are up to achieving the objective.
haha valencia is a prime example of signing someone to appease the fans.

I just hope to god that this window Koeman actually asks for players and come next summer we then start with the walsh signings. I know the manager doesn't want to get involved with that side of things, but i hope to god koeman walks into moshiri's office and tells him he needs to sign x y or z type of player now to stand any chance of a positive season

You could say the same about stones mate and look what happened. From what i understand we have loads of spare wages we can offer but decided to give inflated contracts to the likes of bolasie and spend actually nothing in the process. So as much as there is no point in selling rom, could you put it past the club to then spend 60 million in january on 3-4 players just to try and appease fans? Seeing as though that is kinda what we do most of the time.
your becoming a dab hand at toilet DIYing has changed you Ash...

haha valencia is a prime example of signing someone to appease the fans.

I just hope to god that this window Koeman actually asks for players and come next summer we then start with the walsh signings. I know the manager doesn't want to get involved with that side of things, but i hope to god koeman walks into moshiri's office and tells him he needs to sign x y or z type of player now to stand any chance of a positive season

...I think Valencia was a last ditch attempt to bring in a much needed forward player when all else had failed. Perhaps desperation but I don't recall fans being appeased by that move. I might be naïve but I think RK and SW have a major challenge on their hands and their efforts so far leave me sitting on the fence.

Realistically he's going to be sold though.

be a tough task to keep hold of him. Personally i'd make sure he signs a big contract now just so we can get big money for him. Lets be honest contracts don't mean the player stays for longer, just means they will be sold for more

...I think Valencia was a last ditch attempt to bring in a much needed forward player when all else had failed. Perhaps desperation but I don't recall fans being appeased by that move. I might be naïve but I think RK and SW have a major challenge on their hands and their efforts so far leave me sitting on the fence.
A little change in perception here, i believe that walsh long term (3-4 years) will have a good effect at the club. According to the foxes fan on here, Walsh signed players who clicked together and fit the system there, which is what we massively lack right now. So over the long term it is not too hard to believe for me that we will see these types of players, starting with gueye, come in and become much more of a unit.

In the short term Koeman has to be the one demanding the players he needs. it is his team according to the owner so he has to be the one that tells them to sign the players and do it now rather than next year. If we don't then it will be a long season for us, and it already feels like it is dragging now! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back