Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
be a tough task to keep hold of him. Personally i'd make sure he signs a big contract now just so we can get big money for him. Lets be honest contracts don't mean the player stays for longer, just means they will be sold for more

...how do you 'make sure he signs a big contract now'? I can imagine there's a mega bucks deal on the table for him that he's refusing to sign.

I'm finding it difficult to believe players of the type that wouldn't come in the Summer will come in January.

Trouble is mate, other clubs that might be competing for said players can easily offer fantastic wages. Not sure how a signing on fee is seen in the rules, but as its a payment to a player, I would be surprised if it wasnt seen as part of his remuneration. Image rights? Might be mileage in that maybe.

Even selling someone like Cleverly for £6 to 8 mil, would be a boost mind.

But I think the Chang deal stops next season, and the Kitbag one can be terminated I think, so again, just getting then binned and a decent replacement in all adds to the pot.

Or just sell naming rights for Goodison.........

Too far mate, too far.

(Although It seems the way forward these days).

He was obviously a last ditch option when others fell through. Thought that was obvious to be honest.
aye, but i see it more along the lines of us not actually wanting him. If there was a list drawn up then he wasn't on it whatsoever, but bill and bob after failing to get anyone else in because they thought they could do it on the last day for some reason, just signed him desperately so they weren't a complete failure at the job given to them.

Chances are Valencia was probably offered to a lot of clubs (straq/drenthe mark 2) and we were the ones daft or desperate enough to take them up on it.

Van Dijk
Heaton
Berahino
Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Berahino ? No thanks, he has achieved nothing but expects the world in his hands, fat waste of space. Like an upgraded Agbonlahor.

I wouldn't have heaton either to be honest, I want some sexual fantasy foreign players with long fine locks of hair flying through the air with the goodison faithful in the background.

I was amazed to find Ondrej Duda has left Legia in the summer, ziyech gone to ajax, we need some little magician in the middle of the park and a goalkeeper as priority.

Big striker can come in the summer.

be a tough task to keep hold of him. Personally i'd make sure he signs a big contract now just so we can get big money for him. Lets be honest contracts don't mean the player stays for longer, just means they will be sold for more

If he doesn't want to sign a new deal you can't force him.

For all we know a deal could be on the table for 150k p/week, but he doesn't want to sign it.

Without CL I really don't think he'll be here next year. I don't hold that against the club, it's just how it is.

Roberto Martinez opted against it despite Virgil being up for the move.

Grim!

13m looks an absolute steal too. He'd cost at least 30m now.

Correct on both accounts

A massive missed opportunity

Going to have to suck it up and give Southampton the money for him now

They'll be laughing their arses off at the moment. Guaranteed massive windfall for them whenever they decide to move him on

where do we need to strengthen? Another CM still needed, for me Schneiderlin should be looked at. Obviously still need another back up striker as that issue still hasnt been sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back