Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think my initial concern is that these depay and shneiderlain talks end up just being that, talk and we get neither of them.

In fact wouldn't suprise me if sneiderlain ended up in spurs and depay in italy by the end of the first week of jan with soundbites out the club talking of looking for the right player.

Wouldn't think Spurs would need Schneiderlin Ash considering they've got Wanyama, Sissoko (hahaha) and Dembele, agree on Depay though, could easily see him going to Italy.

We need to have players in the first couple of weeks of Jan, none of this waiting till just before the window closes.

I'M WITH ASH

Nobody has signed until they're next to that blue wall with a scarf. Even then i'm only 98% believing it.
Depay could score a hatrick in his first game for us, remove his royal blue shirt to reveal a tattoo of Big Dunc throttling Steffen Freund on his chest whilst singing the lyrics to "It's a grand old team" and i'd still be concerned the deal might still fall through and he'll sign for someone else.

Depay could score a hatrick in his first game for us, remove his royal blue shirt to reveal a tattoo of Big Dunc throttling Steffen Freund on his chest whilst singing the lyrics to "It's a grand old team" and i'd still be concerned the deal might still fall through and he'll sign for someone else.

United have a call back clause or something because nothing is ever simple for us!

Lukaku could sit down, whip out knitting needles and start knitting as long as he keeps scoring goals as he does I'd be fine with that. It's the rest of the team that's the problem.

A bit of a stretch that lad, he won't be able to hold the knitting needle, he'll loose grip and it will bounce off his shin and roll away from him. He'll then sit there, look at it and throw his arms in the air

Haha we must've watched completely different games then?

he's been starting because Milic has been injured and has put in a huge shift whenever I've watched him. High energy, linking the play, and that's while playing as a lone striker - which isn't his best position.

And Mertens is immense, don't diss

I've watched a lot of him, trust me, I rarely leave the house at weekends and Napoli are often on haha. Milik got injured like mid-October time and the obvious choice was Gabbiadini; first game in he gets sent off for a petulant kick out. He's only played like 3 times since, 90 mins only once, and neither scored nor assisted. Dropped last two games because he's getting outperformed in his position by a dwarf winger. Don't care how good Mertens is that should not be happening if you walk around with the strut Gabbiadini does. Personally I don't really think he's a striker anyway.

Like I said talented? Yes. Suitable up front for us? No chance.

Wouldn't think Spurs would need Schneiderlin Ash considering they've got Wanyama, Sissoko (hahaha) and Dembele, agree on Depay though, could easily see him going to Italy.

We need to have players in the first couple of weeks of Jan, none of this waiting till just before the window closes.
You never know mate. not saying they will but the right price, poch knows him already and he is a better option than the muted Sissoko at the club so even if worst case scenario is that they sold sissoko at a loss in the summer and get his replacement in early before he went elsewhere?

Before i was a little confident but i just get this gut feeling that we have been there before with quite a few players. Seems they are signing and then they don't. Yarmalenko was signing, we had a work permit for banega, witsel was ours, Ofoe was confirmed by the site, Negredo was confirmed by the site, see the pattern?

The more things change, the more they stay the same at everton. So i just suggest is it beyond the realms of improbability that these deals are not as confirmed as we all believe?

You never know mate. not saying they will but the right price, poch knows him already and he is a better option than the muted Sissoko at the club so even if worst case scenario is that they sold sissoko at a loss in the summer and get his replacement in early before he went elsewhere?

Before i was a little confident but i just get this gut feeling that we have been there before with quite a few players. Seems they are signing and then they don't. Yarmalenko was signing, we had a work permit for banega, witsel was ours, Ofoe was confirmed by the site, Negredo was confirmed by the site, see the pattern?

The more things change, the more they stay the same at everton. So i just suggest is it beyond the realms of improbability that these deals are not as confirmed as we all believe?

Agree mate, until said player is standing there with an Everton scarf I'll always be sceptical.

I've watched a lot of him, trust me, I rarely leave the house at weekends and Napoli are often on haha. Milik got injured like mid-October time and the obvious choice was Gabbiadini; first game in he gets sent off for a petulant kick out. He's only played like 3 times since, 90 mins only once, and neither scored nor assisted. Dropped last two games because he's getting outperformed in his position by a dwarf winger. Don't care how good Mertens is that should not be happening if you walk around with the strut Gabbiadini does. Personally I don't really think he's a striker anyway.

Fair enough. I was massively impressed when he played against Inter on Dec 2. He was superb.

Negredo wasn't confirmed by the site mate. Fer was.

what title winning style would that be?

The one i would ideally like to see in recentish times would be like Man Utd with Giggs and Beckham wide and Keane and scholes in the centre midfield wise....loved watching them in the champions league.

We would probably be better off aiming for blackburn in style though under ronald...

@BlueToff

I could see him getting really peed off very quickly if we punted the ball up to him...i think he would find it 'beneath him' and we would see him offside or retailiating against the kicks he would get as well.

The one i would ideally like to see in recentish times would be like Man Utd with Giggs and Beckham wide and Keane and scholes in the centre midfield wise....loved watching them in the champions league.

We would probably be better off aiming for blackburn in style though under ronald...
So ross doing the Scholes role? hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back