Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned that we are supposedly interested in Jordan Amavi from Villa, someone who Walsh has kept an eye on.
Seen it mentioned, but i'd personally not want to keep signing players from last years worst team in the league in all honesty mate. We signed a decent player there, leave it as that unless we want to get the band back together and give them another crack of staying up :-p

wait what?
The ball was on our side of the pitch for more or less the entirety of the second half. In ways it reminded me of the City game because we offered nothing - absolutely nothing - in the way of offense. Still was scoreless for 94 minutes..... To me that is an indication that your offense needs more attention than the defense.

In the first half the intensity on our side was outstanding and there was less pressure on the defense due to having both McCarthy and Gueye - we moved the ball forward some, just could not do anything with it. When McCarthy left we were immediately on our heels.

The one i would ideally like to see in recentish times would be like Man Utd with Giggs and Beckham wide and Keane and scholes in the centre midfield wise....loved watching them in the champions league.

We would probably be better off aiming for blackburn in style though under ronald...

that was ages ago! keep up with the times please

Seen it mentioned, but i'd personally not want to keep signing players from last years worst team in the league in all honesty mate. We signed a decent player there, leave it as that unless we want to get the band back together and give them another crack of staying up :p

He only played like 10 games for them last season before a season-ending injury and he was their best player by a mile. Was also highest rated defender/player can't remember which, in Ligue 1 the season before. A full-back that can actually defend.

He only played like 10 games for them last season before a season-ending injury and he was their best player by a mile. Was also highest rated defender/player can't remember which, in Ligue 1 the season before. A full-back that can actually defend.
If he is boss then great, just can't help but think if nothing else, if we want to improve the mentality and quality, stop buying from crap teams below us and perhaps it might help this negativity surrounding the club?

Id never sell him at all....we 'should' aspire to being in a position where either our amazing coaches turn him into a superstar OR we are so good he becomes a rotation player.
I personally don't want to sell him either mate but i also don't want to spend many more years hoping he becomes a player he never does. the lad has talent but is still 19 in the head, to what extent is he then a liability as he is the best and only thing we have there?

Also what has comparing him to scholes in the team got to do with selling him?

Haha exactly what i wanted to post...hes quick too and good going forward.

Personally think hed take baines place very quickly...maybe immediately is a stretch.

I really like him...

Have you seen him since the injury?

If he is boss then great, just can't help but think if nothing else, if we want to improve the mentality and quality, stop buying from crap teams below us and perhaps it might help this negativity surrounding the club?

Sign a player like Amavi or Gueye as the other teams best player and i think they relish the step up...alternatively get someone from Real Madrid and they may think that its a step down and sulk...

Swings both ways in extremes...who knows

I personally don't want to sell him either mate but i also don't want to spend many more years hoping he becomes a player he never does. the lad has talent but is still 19 in the head, to what extent is he then a liability as he is the best and only thing we have there?

Also what has comparing him to scholes in the team got to do with selling him?

I thought you were dismissing him as being not fit to lace scholes boots...so i was saying, even if not at the moment if we improve to such an extent where we have top notch coaches then barkley can become a star....or a squad player...

i dont think the talk of selling him from people makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back