Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we aren't linked with a full team of rejects just this one left-back? I don't really see how what your saying is a good enough reason to ignore him as a player that's both young, highly rated, cheap & proven he can do it in the PL.

a whole team of them though? No we haven't been linked with a whole team yet but over 2-3 years with that policy we would end up with a whole team full and probably still wondering why we are still mid table. the best of the worst is fine when you can use that player, keep signing them and the quality of the team doesn't improve no matter how wishful you are.

Except, imagine this.

He plays in a team who don't hoof the ball up to him and have players supporting him on the pitch, maybe even more than one (which is what any competent team does) and he then thrives off the service when it isn't hoofed 20 foot into the air to him.

What if, and a big if here, what if our attacking play to him for the past 3 years from bog average players is the problem?

Aye if you surrounded him with top quality playmakers such as hazard and Debruyne for example then he'd be winning everything and look world class, oh wait.........

I don't think anyone was suggesting we replace our entire team with Villa's

But over 2-3 years with that policy most of our players would have been in a relegation battle or gone down. that is my point, on why it is absurd to still want relegated players.

HE'S FROM ASTON VILLA SO HE CAN'T BE GOOD ENOUGH. WHEN HAVE WE EVER SIGNED ANYONE FROM VILLA WHO'S ANY GOOD????

-Ashtonian

So the second worst team in the history of the premier league and i suggest not going back and signing more of them?

Shocking! almost like i want the club to sign someone who isn;t part of a terrible team.....

Aye if you surrounded him with top quality playmakers such as hazard and Debruyne for example then he'd be winning everything and look world class, oh wait.........
to be fair the coach has been craqp, they should have won the euros.

Now with Roberto they are in the same boat.

But in 2 years if they don't threaten at russia then you have a point, unless he is playing top level by then

I'm just confused as to who on earth he sees playing right wing if he's a) buying Depay (a left winger) and b) freezing out Deulofeu. I haven't seen any links to any right wingers. Lennon?

But a whole team of them? is it poor logic to think the best of the worst teams combined isn't actually going to be that great?

even the fact considering our business in the summer, we did add to each position on the pitch, and yet we have not improved in the process? All first choice now as well.

the fact the clubs we dealt with were the only ones we could negotiate with as well.

Well no because you're saying Bolasia (Palace), Gana (Villa) and Williams (Swansea) are part of this fabled "team of relegated players" but can you honestly say those 3 players should have been at those teams in the first place?

What a ludicrous conclusion to jump to. What I'm saying is, if the player is good, he is good. Regardless of what team he plays for.

you do know there is more than one team we are allowed to trade with besides villa?

We can go elsewhere to buy players, we don't have to stay in the country and sign from the most desperate clubs.

I believe if you keep buying the best players from the worst clubs, then we won't improve one bit. We haven't so far, keep doing it and unless you have a too good to go down team raid then you are generally signing from the worst set of players in the league, which is not the same as signing players to improve you.

No, you'd prefer to sign someone from a good team who's deemed not good enough to get one minute on the pitch

yeah mate. Like;

Couthino
Sturridge
De Bruyne
Lukaku
Tierry Henry at Juventus
Pienaar
Diego Forlan
At one point Gareth Bale

all players at one point was 'crap' enough not to really play in their teams and available for transfer.

Compare those sorts of players to just going back to bloody villa again....

you do know there is more than one team we are allowed to trade with besides villa?

We can go elsewhere to buy players, we don't have to stay in the country and sign from the most desperate clubs.

I believe if you keep buying the best players from the worst clubs, then we won't improve one bit. We haven't so far, keep doing it and unless you have a too good to go down team raid then you are generally signing from the worst set of players in the league, which is not the same as signing players to improve you.

yeah mate. Like;

Couthino
Sturridge
De Bruyne
Lukaku
Tierry Henry at Juventus
Pienaar
Diego Forlan
At one point Gareth Bale

all players at one point was 'crap' enough not to really play in their teams and available for transfer.

Compare those sorts of players to just going back to bloody villa again....

It's still confusing me why you're thinking one player out of a relegated squad can't be good enough. Teams are relegated when 11 players on the pitch and a manager aren't good enough. Doesn't mean one player isn't good! If Swansea go down and Sigurdsson is available would you say no because he plays for a crap team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back