Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random shout. Hakim Ziyech for the right sided attacking player. Will definitely be on Koeman and Walsh's radar and fits the bill.

Only half a season into his Ajax career but hard to see him not moving to a bigger league soon.

For me we have to go after realistic signings this window.

A big signing to signal Everton's return would be nice but we tried that throughout the summer and it got us nowhere. Competing with Chelsea for Koulibaly, Juventus for Witsel, Spurs for Sissoko.

At the same time, Sigurdsson signed a new contract at Swansea and he would have been a cracking addition to our side.

Right now the priority has to brining in realistic signings who will strengthen Everton. Come February the fans won't let the board get away with it if they once again fail to bring in their targets and ambition will be judged on who they actually signed rather than who they tried to buy.

Spurs signed Modric before they were ever in the Champions League.

I'm not sure about what status they had when van der Vaart signed, but they were not doing as well as recently.

Certainly with Modric, not only did they have a superb player for a few years, but made a healthy profit.

Of course the London advantage will be brought up, but the equivalent of these players are the types we need to be identifying.

There was/is a certain bravado and self-confidence about Spurs that we could learn from. They have not been afraid to compete and put themselves out there.

They are reaping the rewards now of some very prudent investment and an excellent coach.

I wish we had someone with the seeming steel and swagger of Daniel Levy directing transfer operations. Whilst its fine to be nice, we were described as "gentlemen" twice recently by Massimo Cellino in relation to Sam Byram and by Angelo Ogbonna himself in relation to his failed move to us.

A little less nice can sometimes be a lot more effective.

If the choice was £50m for VVD or £60m for Smalling , Schneiderlin and Depay I know where I would spend my money.
This.

Smalling/Keane, Schneiderlin and Depay for 60m is, to me, a better window than VVD and Lookman for 60m.

We will, of course, not sign any of the above save Lookman...who, as it turns out, will end the window as our marquee signing.

Just kidding. We must sign a DM, AM/SS and a winger of quality. Walsh and Koeman are on it and I think we may all be pleasantly surprised.

Random shout. Hakim Ziyech for the right sided attacking player. Will definitely be on Koeman and Walsh's radar and fits the bill.

Only half a season into his Ajax career but hard to see him not moving to a bigger league soon.
Ziyech just might be worth a punt if the fee is reasonable. Always rated Klaassen as well - he can play multiple places in the midfield.

Deals should be already all but tied up and ready to be completed before next weekend. If that isnt the case, then Walsh and Moshiri have serious questions to answer.

With Gana gone after tomorrow and Mccarthy injured, our midfield is an absolute horror show. They knew this was coming so they better be prepared.

Very very important week for the Moshiri tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back