Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs signed Modric before they were ever in the Champions League.

I'm not sure about what status they had when van der Vaart signed, but they were not doing as well as recently.

Certainly with Modric, not only did they have a superb player for a few years, but made a healthy profit.

Of course the London advantage will be brought up, but the equivalent of these players are the types we need to be identifying.

There was/is a certain bravado and self-confidence about Spurs that we could learn from. They have not been afraid to compete and put themselves out there.

They are reaping the rewards now of some very prudent investment and an excellent coach.

I wish we had someone with the seeming steel and swagger of Daniel Levy directing transfer operations. Whilst its fine to be nice, we were described as "gentlemen" twice recently by Massimo Cellino in relation to Sam Byram and by Angelo Ogbonna himself in relation to his failed move to us.

A little less nice can sometimes be a lot more effective.

its less london and more that they spend around the same as the RS does (maybe even more than Arsenal?). Levy is pretty boss when it comes to selling players though, especially guys who never play a minute there. I bet he gets at least 3/4ths of the money back he paid for Sissoko. Hell, I'm sure he'd find a way to flog Niasse off for 10M.

Random shout. Hakim Ziyech for the right sided attacking player. Will definitely be on Koeman and Walsh's radar and fits the bill.

Only half a season into his Ajax career but hard to see him not moving to a bigger league soon.

No thanks. Saw him once ever for Twente and a 76 year old Dirk Kuyt outshone him.

That's right I've judged him on one game.

That's irrelevant. Milan can't do any business with us over buying Deulofeu or having any option to buy at this present time without negotiating with Barcelona. Di Marzio hasn't once mentioned Barcelona in any of these negotiations proving he's pretty clueless.

Barcelona will want to know the figures involved in any "deal" between us and Milan, before waiving their 12 million option.

he's our player, Barca have nothing to do with it other than they have first option.

One thing we must do is find someone who can create/score goals. Right now it seems only Seamus(!) and Rom can do that with anything resembling consistency in our squad.

I am surprised that there aren't more rumours circulating about Sigurdsson; he would be my first transfer target. I would test Swansea's resolve with a proper bid.
Think we would all unanimously welcome him mate.

Would go back at Swans with 25+ and flash a large wage at Gylfi. We are going to have to be willing to shell out some oversized wages.....

Morgs, Depay, Sigurdsson and Keane would be a super window. Course it would cost 90m and is thus completely unrealistic, but would be what we need.

Happy New thingy folks & folkettes of the very best footy forum there is and will ever be...

I have numerous hopes for this season, none of which I can be really frigged mentioning aside from the fact I really, REALLY hope we do some very early business in this window and aren't seen to be floundering because - apart from that being a massive ballache - it'd send out an awful message I believe.

And I hope the NIASSE chap finds somewhere to go too, cack as he is, he didn't buy himself did he and, well...I feel a bit sorry for him.

Then again, he's a big boy and he's on a MASSIVE wedge in compare to what he offers.

So eff him.

Be well blues, may the year be kind to us all...x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back