Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been around oz a little... but mainly for work.. flights are to dear here so I usually go over to Thailand or Philippines if I want to get out of darwin.... done a lot of driving tho...

Back home someone could tell me there is a party where the naked models are handing out , beak and handjobs for everyone... but it's an hours drive ... and I'd think.. that's to far..

Here? I have literally drove twice the length of the UK through the bush and not seen another person .... just to inspect a faulty satellite phone box.... only to get there and realise that it's been left off the hook lol

Literally taken helicopter rides to get me to some of these places ...

You don't have any clue how vast it is until you drive it ... it's huge
the drive from Perth across the outback is insane. I drove 8-10 hours a day and went through 'stations' that hold 30-40 people. The distances between cities is absolutely astounding.

said this for months, we know we cant get tier 1 (as zat would put it) players so we need to aim just slightly lower.

snodgrass is top of the 'next best' list.

he is who we need right now. prem proven and got great attributes.

we shouldnt turn our noses up at signing snodgrass.

he would make a big difference to our first team

Snodgrass can take a great free kick...but not much else...if were going that way we should get hakan calhanoglu who is the best in the world at free kicks and can play a bit too ;)

Nah, not even close. Mertens has just got Belgian player of the year, destroyed Hazard for it.

Scoring for fun this season, for club and country while kev is in and out of our team and barely touches the Belgian squad.

Havent watched for while... to be fair. .so take your word for it..

...Schneiderlin bid turned down according to this link but if true it confirms we are in for the lad;

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/rumour-mill/34191.html

I'm fine with us going for him and getting him in as he has played under koeman before...i'm not 'thrilled' in the slightest though.

For the 2 DM/CM positions we should have 4 players and i guess it Koeman persists in playing Barkley further forward we only have Gueye and Davies who can be trusted so add Schneiderlin + another (or promote Walsh or someone as 4th option).

I'm hopeful that we will make a couple of more 'interesting' signings than him and lookman though.

I'm fine with us going for him and getting him in as he has played under koeman before...i'm not 'thrilled' in the slightest though.

For the 2 DM/CM positions we should have 4 players and i guess it Koeman persists in playing Barkley further forward we only have Gueye and Davies who can be trusted so add Schneiderlin + another (or promote Walsh or someone as 4th option).

I'm hopeful that we will make a couple of more 'interesting' signings than him and lookman though.

...we need to sign better than we have because we really lack quality. I like Schneiderlin, I imagine he'll come straight into a DM spot.

...we need to sign better than we have because we really lack quality. I like Schneiderlin, I imagine he'll come straight into a DM spot.

If he signs, I'd like to see: Barkley,Gueye, Davies and Schneiderlin in those two centre midfield positions but it seems like he will stick to Barkley more advanced.

In that case, Gueye and Schneiderlin would be starters with Davies the rotation option. You really need 2 players for every position though and id hope that Walsh/Dowell or another youth player can be 4th choice in CM and rotation with Barkley.

Then, with the rapid rise of DCL, it would be nice to get a young superstar to rotate / play alongside Lukaku.

One player i would really love to see is a top notch centre back...someone 25 (Koulibaly/VVD) or younger (Gimenez) to come in. I think we havent had a real star CB for donkeys years.

If he signs, I'd like to see: Barkley,Gueye, Davies and Schneiderlin in those two centre midfield positions but it seems like he will stick to Barkley more advanced.

In that case, Gueye and Schneiderlin would be starters with Davies the rotation option. You really need 2 players for every position though and id hope that Walsh/Dowell or another youth player can be 4th choice in CM and rotation with Barkley.

Then, with the rapid rise of DCL, it would be nice to get a young superstar to rotate / play alongside Lukaku.

One player i would really love to see is a top notch centre back...someone 25 (Koulibaly/VVD) or younger (Gimenez) to come in. I think we havent had a real star CB for donkeys years.

....of course Gueye is missing, so I would expect Schneiderlin and Davies to get a run of games whilst McCarthy gets fit and Barry will get game time. Much depends on who else comes in. I know some would like to see Barkley deeper but RK doesn't apparently want that. I think Barkley is a great mover with a football at his feet but labours without it, I'm not convinced about him having more responsibility playing deeper.

I'd like to see us bring a real playmaker in as an alternative to Barkley, although RK seems increasingly keen on a DC-L type playing much closer to Lukaku. We'll have more of an idea after this window.

....of course Gueye is missing, so I would expect Schneiderlin and Davies to get a run of games whilst McCarthy gets fit and Barry will get game time. Much depends on who else comes in. I know some would like to see Barkley deeper but RK doesn't apparently want that. I think Barkley is a great mover with a football at his feet but labours without it, I'm not convinced about him having more responsibility playing deeper.

I'd like to see us bring a real playmaker in as an alternative to Barkley, although RK seems increasingly keen on a DC-L type playing much closer to Lukaku. We'll have more of an idea after this window.

we don't and won't buy a number 10 mate

for one Koeman i don't believe has ever played with his playmaker central, it would also basically finish barkley at us, plus both barkley and lukaku look so much flippin better with an actual striker up there as well

after watching the game yesterday, someone like Dolberg (secondary striekr type) would be top of the list for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back