Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
we don't and won't buy a number 10 mate

for one Koeman i don't believe has ever played with his playmaker central, it would also basically finish barkley at us, plus both barkley and lukaku look so much flippin better with an actual striker up there as well

after watching the game yesterday, someone like Dolberg (secondary striekr type) would be top of the list for me

..yep, it's looking increasingly likely he'll go for a secondary striker. We don't really have an alternative to Barkley, though.

we don't and won't buy a number 10 mate

for one Koeman i don't believe has ever played with his playmaker central, it would also basically finish barkley at us, plus both barkley and lukaku look so much flippin better with an actual striker up there as well

after watching the game yesterday, someone like Dolberg (secondary striekr type) would be top of the list for me

@Eggs I think hes spot on here, I reckon hes going to get us playing 4-3-3 with either 2 DMs and one further forward as a CM or one DM and 2 CMs...

Thats the old Cruyff system (so ive read) and the calls for Sigurdson wont happen i think.

We would have Schneiderlin/Davies/Barkley/ Gueye for the 3 positions so need 2 more. Ideally youth players so we can spend on other areas...if he doesnt consider them ready i could see a Walsh punt and another lookman type signing come in...maybe one this window and one in summer (giving the kids a chance till end of season).

From what people have said about schneiderlin it could look like Matic and Kante at Chelsea if he is paired with Gueye. Thats interesting but we dont have the quality out wide so i think hes playing DCL there just so he gets experience before being 3rd choice CF next season.

If we do sign Schneiderlin, then i think it will be interesting in terms of other players we bring in;

CB -- Mori may be given the rest of the season and Williams and Holgate are there too (jags is off now or summer)...

1-- VVD is only a chance if we bid now.
2-- Gimenez / Keane 18months left on deals and again i think we need to bid now
3-- Koulibaly who knows?

For the Dolberg situation as well as Isak, i think we would again need to bid now as they will have lots of offers in the summer.

In short, i think we need to sign the spine of the central areas now but keeper i would wait until summer for pickford/butland.

Its going to be interesting + we need to move on so many players but with STCC it may be prudent to do that in the summer.

@Eggs I think hes spot on here, I reckon hes going to get us playing 4-3-3 with either 2 DMs and one further forward as a CM or one DM and 2 CMs...

Thats the old Cruyff system (so ive read) and the calls for Sigurdson wont happen i think.

We would have Schneiderlin/Davies/Barkley/ Gueye for the 3 positions so need 2 more. Ideally youth players so we can spend on other areas...if he doesnt consider them ready i could see a Walsh punt and another lookman type signing come in...maybe one this window and one in summer (giving the kids a chance till end of season).

From what people have said about schneiderlin it could look like Matic and Kante at Chelsea if he is paired with Gueye. Thats interesting but we dont have the quality out wide so i think hes playing DCL there just so he gets experience before being 3rd choice CF next season.

If we do sign Schneiderlin, then i think it will be interesting in terms of other players we bring in;

CB -- Mori may be given the rest of the season and Williams and Holgate are there too (jags is off now or summer)...

1-- VVD is only a chance if we bid now.
2-- Gimenez / Keane 18months left on deals and again i think we need to bid now
3-- Koulibaly who knows?

For the Dolberg situation as well as Isak, i think we would again need to bid now as they will have lots of offers in the summer.

In short, i think we need to sign the spine of the central areas now but keeper i would wait until summer for pickford/butland.

Its going to be interesting + we need to move on so many players but with STCC it may be prudent to do that in the summer.

Don't think as well as all that, that Lukaku actually suits having a concentional number ten type there, he seems to thrive more from having someone who will get up front with him and create the space by occupying other defenders, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barkley and i think Lennon have eall played in that 10 role and not a single one of them seemed to get anything better out of Lukaku, and all in thepory arent terrible there either, maybe a truly world class one would - but we aren't gonna be able to attract that calibre just yet, but even with bang average (being generous) forwards alongside him in Kone and Valencia - we saw a marked improvement in Lukaku, long as he's at the club we need to stick with what seems to get the best out of himk, side bonus is the fact barkely looks a million times better when cming from deeper (or even when playing wide now)

Don't think as well as all that, that Lukaku actually suits having a concentional number ten type there, he seems to thrive more from having someone who will get up front with him and create the space by occupying other defenders, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Barkley and i think Lennon have eall played in that 10 role and not a single one of them seemed to get anything better out of Lukaku, and all in thepory arent terrible there either, maybe a truly world class one would - but we aren't gonna be able to attract that calibre just yet, but even with bang average (being generous) forwards alongside him in Kone and Valencia - we saw a marked improvement in Lukaku, long as he's at the club we need to stick with what seems to get the best out of himk, side bonus is the fact barkely looks a million times better when cming from deeper (or even when playing wide now)

Im interested in the Dolberg and Isak links. Both make sense as neither has much experience but Dolberg can really hold the ball up and is just excellent all round and Isak is meant to also be adept with his back to goal...

They both can score as well and i think we could tempt either of them as they would get games up front and brought through gradually as well...

Some think Dolberg will go to a really top side but they also have 1st choice forwards and i think he would get more games with us.

Isak could be the next Ibra (supposedly) and i think at his age would see DCL getting into the side and believe he could too.

If rather someone like these two than an actual backup player.

This is all good, but he's one for the future. First teamers needed.

...notice that Charlton did ok without him yesterday but in all seriousness I can see him being immediately involved in the first team. We have very little impact players to use off the bench and we might see him in that role to begin with. I wondered if he might be at the match yesterday but there were no reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back