Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen Keane play more than Boro and I work with a few Burnley fans and they all rate him highly (and they don't rate any of their other players bar Heaton and Defour).

A 'no nonsesne' style but with a bit more craft and pace than somebody like Shawcross.

Gibson reminds me a lot of a younger Jagielka. I remember watching him at Oakwell for the U21s in summer 2015, when he played alongside Stones, and he really impressed then.

Would be very difficult, if not impossible to sign either this window.
If they are as good as what is being reported there is a good chance they will help keep their respective clubs up this season.
That is worth far more to them than any transfer fee we could offer.

Everton to sign Lookman on AGM Day. Definitely just a coincidence.

Everton don't sign players 5 mins after the window opens "we're a shambles ".

Everton are linked to players we don't sign " we're a shambles " or " it's a conspiracy to sell season tickets " .

Everton seem set to sign a player we've been linked to for weeks , 4 days after the window has opened " Oh what a coincidence it's AGM day " .

Let's be fair historically the Everton board deserve a whole load of stick but on some points it does seem the fanbase are just looking to give them a kicking .

Everton are linked to players we don't sign " we're a shambles " or " it's a conspiracy to sell season tickets " .

Everton seem set to sign a player we've been linked to for weeks , 4 days after the window has opened " Oh what a coincidence it's AGM day " .

Let's be fair historically the Everton board deserve a whole load of stick but on some points it does seem the fanbase are just looking to give them a kicking .

Absolutely mate.

And an £11m youngster is hardly a cunning plan to sate the baying hordes is it?

"Haha watch this ruse, we will sign a kid from the lower leagues, that'll distract them from questions about the new stadium"

Dreadful tosh.

Lookman - almost boxed off
VVD - numero uno target
Morgan Freeman - almost boxed off
Depay- talks on going
Striker, details unknown so far

Pickford put back till the summer
5 in

3 out; the clevmiester, delboy and OhMyGod I can't believe I'm a footballer Niasse

that's exactly the sort of thing a "board member" would say.... YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!

Keane is being looked at hard & he would be very interested but Burnley have made it clear he won't be available until the summer (& that is almost from the horse's mouth...I don't often have a good connection but in this case yes).

Koeman wants someone now. That could mean someone from Europe with VVD/Keane/ANO in the summer when Jags gets sold. Not heard any whispers on Gibson.

If we trust the BBC/Sky sources we will push again on Schneiderlin and the player is keen but I've not heard anything directly on him, Depay etc. What I do get told repeatedly is that Koeman is being very clear internally and with the press that we must buy, that we should do it quickly and that he won't tolerate a re-run of August.

Keane is being looked at hard & he would be very interested but Burnley have made it clear he won't be available until the summer (& that is almost from the horse's mouth...I don't often have a good connection but in this case yes).

Koeman wants someone now. That could mean someone from Europe with VVD/Keane/ANO in the summer when Jags gets sold. Not heard any whispers on Gibson.

If we trust the BBC/Sky sources we will push again on Schneiderlin and the player is keen but I've not heard anything directly on him, Depay etc. What I do get told repeatedly is that Koeman is being very clear internally and with the press that we must buy, that we should do it quickly and that he won't tolerate a re-run of August.
Phil Mcnulty (BBC) seems to be a reliable souce of news in the North West

not sure why you think oviedo is finished, hes done well when called upon. In fact as a backup left back hes been really good. Never moans, gets on with it and always puts in a good shift and creates chances too.

He's a good going forward but defensively his game is found wanting too many times. Also with Koeman not even having him on the bench recently during festive period kind of indicates he sees him alongside Del, Kone, Gibson and Niasse - on the outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back