Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham boss Slaven Bilic may be forced to go cap in hand to Everton and plead for Enner Valencia’s season-long loan deal to be cut short.

The Hammers have a striker crisis at present.

Andre Ayew has jetted off to the Africa Cup of Nations with Ghana, Diafra Sakho is out injured until March, while on-loan Jonathan Calleri, Gokhan Tore and Simone Zaza are all struggling and set to have their season-long loans cancelled.

That leaves Bilic with only injury-hit Andy Carroll and raw youngster Ashley Fletcher as his sole striking options.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/could-everton-forced-give-enner-12402573
Can they take him back if we don't agree?

If we signed Balotelli for 15 Million and he came on to score the winner for us against Liverpool at Anfield, it'd be worth every penny, I don't care if he doesn't even play another minute

We'd get him for much less than that I think. He's out of contract in the summer and Nice only signed him on a free transfer just few months ago, they'd quite happily take about 5 or 6 million Euro for him imo. He's a good player as well, been banging them in for Nice. I think most defences in the league would dread facing Lukaku and Balotelli as a better combination!

We'd get him for much less than that I think. He's out of contract in the summer and Nice only signed him on a free transfer just few months ago, they'd quite happily take about 5 or 6 million Euro for him imo. He's a good player as well, been banging them in for Nice. I think most defences in the league would dread facing Lukaku and Balotelli as a better combination!
No No No let's not go there!! He is an absolute whopper of the highest order!! I don't want him anywhere near our club even if he is free

Could they do that eggs? I thought if you agreed a fee you can't be recalled, only sent back by the club whose loaned him?

Not sure tbh
it might be we are open to sending him back, free up the wage for a better player. Valencia has done well over the Christmas period but he's hardly the long term solution. If we can get a striker in to compliment Rom there's no point in keeping him.

Could they do that eggs? I thought if you agreed a fee you can't be recalled, only sent back by the club whose loaned him?

Not sure tbh

...I don't know the detail Aaron but it sounds like they have no right of recall. The articles used words like 'beg', so if they were to approach us it seems like we they would be hoping for a goodwill gesture. To be honest, I doubt they will ask, one report suggested the player would welcome a return.

No No No let's not go there!! He is an absolute whopper of the highest order!! I don't want him anywhere near our club even if he is free

Well I think he would be perfect. He needs to knuckle down and show the world what he can do, and I think it would be great if he did it at Everton. We need someone like him anyway, the dressing room seems pretty boring. We need someone like him on the pitch as well, I'd love to see him play an integral part in us beating the RS in the cup or something and him winking at Klopp or some other RS gobshite. He's really exactly what we need, like when Duncan came and we won the cup!

it might be we are open to sending him back, free up the wage for a better player. Valencia has done well over the Christmas period but he's hardly the long term solution. If we can get a striker in to compliment Rom there's no point in keeping him.
There would be, prevent West Ham from strengthening, and if the new player gets injured. It'd be worth keeping him until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back